Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-20-2006, 01:19 PM   #71
BSOD
 
JustinMcG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,519
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: 9/11 And some interseting facts

What I would liek to know is what people referr to when saying: Government. Are you referring to the President? Are you referring to the actual meaning of the word...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
1. The act or process of governing, especially the control and administration of public policy in a political unit.
2. The office, function, or authority of a governing individual or body.
3. Exercise of authority in a political unit; rule.
4. The agency or apparatus through which a governing individual or body functions and exercises authority.
5. A governing body or organization, as:
  • a. The ruling political party or coalition of political parties in a parliamentary system.
    b. The cabinet in a parliamentary system.
    c. The persons who make up a governing body.
6. A system or policy by which a political unit is governed.
7. Administration or management of an organization, business, or institution.
8. Political science.
9. Grammar. The influence of a word over the morphological inflection of another word in a phrase or sentence.
I would just like to know what each person's view on the word, "government" really is. Because a lot of people say our "government" is corrupt, well, are you referring to Democracy, or are you referring to the Congress/Presidentcy/Judicial Court???
__________________

JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:06 PM   #72
Fully Optimized
 
Nik00117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,025
Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Re: 9/11 And some interseting facts

I would consider the goverment Congress and Presidientcy. Jeudical system to me is very good in the united states. Mainly because it can't really screw the world like congress and the president can. President includes all excute branches as well this means CIA, NSA, Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Gaurd you name it.
__________________

__________________
Main Rig: I7 920 CPU, 6 Gigs ram 5870 GPU
M17X Laptop 2.8 Ghz Dual Core, 4870 Radeon
Nik00117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:09 PM   #73
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: 9/11 And some interseting facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
But FDR let pearl harbor happen. No one believed that he did. But he wanted in the war and he had to get in some way.
who the hell are you to tell us about WWII??? you guys f***kin killed millions of innocent people, and you want us to believe that one our greatest fu**in presidents let Pearl Harbor happen???? no, no way, get the hell out of here, i agree bush is a screwup, but i mean seriously FDR did so much for this country and to say that is just plain ignorance... and you have no right to say anything about our leaders, because if i recall correctly, your elders let a psycopathic hateful dictator become the leader of your country.

i have nothing against german people, just ignorant people from countrys with that background, that give our country $h!t when there not great themselves.
__________________
We ride, we die {}FORUM 2007{}
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:20 PM   #74
Daemon Poster
 
Hackslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 819
Default Re: 9/11 And some interseting facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8ngame
who the hell are you to tell us about WWII??? you guys f***kin killed millions of innocent people, and you want us to believe that one our greatest fu**in presidents let Pearl Harbor happen???? no, no way, get the hell out of here, i agree bush is a screwup, but i mean seriously FDR did so much for this country and to say that is just plain ignorance... and you have no right to say anything about our leaders, because if i recall correctly, your elders let a psycopathic hateful dictator become the leader of your country.

i have nothing against german people, just ignorant people from countrys with that background, that give our country $h!t when there not great themselves.
please no flaming, I have nothing against germans now but I do against hitler a terible man he was
__________________
life is a fight, rest is for the dead so fight til you've earned rest: I'm watching you you know who you are
Hackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #75
Fully Optimized
 
-Paul-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,242
Send a message via AIM to -Paul- Send a message via MSN to -Paul-
Default Re: 9/11 And some interseting facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac3y
There were definitely controlled explosions in the towers. Notice the way they fell? Demolition experts plan for months to make buildings fall that way. Buildings that have had planes crashed into them do not fall like that. And the towers were designed to withstand plane crashes.
did you see the way they hit? they took out an entire quadrent of the shape fo the thing... it could not withstand that... it is like if you cut off one of a chairs legs, it would probally fall down... you are thinking it may stand up, but think about the posture of the building, it was tall and thin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHunteRHR
You obviously didn't watch the video did you?

Look at everything Bush can do now, and look at how all the Americans want to go to war in Iraq and kill "terrorsts". Look at how much trust people have put into the Bush Administration. Look at how much fear has been injected into the American society of today. Just watch the video before you post in the thread again.
im not scared... i flown on many planes (commercial planes to be exact) since this attack and was not scared at all...


Quote:
Originally Posted by wood_workur
There is a video of the plane hitting. It is a security camera, and it was shown on history channel, one frame at a time. The plane isn't visible in one frame, but it is in the next. Now according to my calculations, If that camera covers 50 yards (call it 200 feet, because the plane wasn't visable in the first frame), and the camera is at 1 FPS, which is way below average (32 FPS) for cameras, then the plane must have been flying at at least MPH. The planes moves at 500 MPH. Now that dosen't say I support our government. Bush knew that it was going to happen. Bush is freinds with bin laden. THe Bush administration had decided they were going to go bomb Iraq and blow it up (not go to war), because they are trying to conquor the world, by unifying the type of government.
how do you know this?
-Paul- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:30 PM   #76
BSOD
 
JustinMcG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,519
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: 9/11 And some interseting facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
I would consider the goverment Congress and Presidientcy. Jeudical system to me is very good in the united states. Mainly because it can't really screw the world like congress and the president can. President includes all excute branches as well this means CIA, NSA, Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Gaurd you name it.
Well actually the President can't use the Armed Forces unless given permission by Congress. Take Vietnam for example. President LBJ couldn't invade Vietnam directly, so he got a resolution passed. It was called the Tonkin Golf Resolution. It gave LBJ the power to use the armed forces whenever he needed them within that area.

George H. Bush did the same thing when he was in Kuwait and Iraq. Just as George W. Bush did with Iraq and Afghanistan. So, the President can't on his own use the Armed Forces at his will, he has to get permission first. So maybe the real people to blame here is Congress?
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #77
Fully Optimized
 
99nasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,995
Default Re: 9/11 And some interseting facts

Amazing...Pentagon one is the most convincing. No way did an aircraft crash there
99nasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #78
Fully Optimized
 
-Paul-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,242
Send a message via AIM to -Paul- Send a message via MSN to -Paul-
Default Re: 9/11 And some interseting facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
If it was rigged to blow up by people who are experts are demolitions, you'll notice that they always make it blow up and collapse into one pile for easy clean up and safety. It won't topple over, unless they set the bombs in one area of the tower. If you watched the part of the video where other buildings were being taken down, they all collapse into the middle.

Also, if even if these guys are amateurs, they're not like CNN or Fox News. They have TONS of hard facts in that video. TONS of it.

God bless America, but smite the Bush Administration.
it wasnt real easy to clean up was it? and second, if it were for safety we would have lost more lives...
-Paul- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #79
Fully Optimized
 
-Paul-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,242
Send a message via AIM to -Paul- Send a message via MSN to -Paul-
Default Re: 9/11 And some interseting facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
Considering I've lived there for 7years (9 to 16) already I do have plenlty of room to talk. My dads airforce, moms german. I maintain dual citizenship. I am a american citizen in fact I have the right to vote in german elections and America elections. Also why do I bring it up? Simple ingorance is bliss. The more poeple that are informed about all points of information the less ignorant they are at the case in front of them. You guys seem to forget, I know how America works first hand not movies, not TV. I've seen how Germany works first hand not Movies, or TV. I've seen how Japan, and Guam works as well. America so far is the worst system I have yet to come across in soem aspects. In fact considering that i've seen both sides of the world very clearly I would think of myself of having plently of room to talk.
i disagree with you on alot of these posts, but i sure love reading them, keep them coming...
-Paul- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:23 PM   #80
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: 9/11 And some interseting facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
Considering I've lived there for 7years (9 to 16) already I do have plenlty of room to talk. My dads airforce, moms german. I maintain dual citizenship. I am a american citizen in fact I have the right to vote in german elections and America elections. Also why do I bring it up? Simple ingorance is bliss. The more poeple that are informed about all points of information the less ignorant they are at the case in front of them. You guys seem to forget, I know how America works first hand not movies, not TV. I've seen how Germany works first hand not Movies, or TV. I've seen how Japan, and Guam works as well. America so far is the worst system I have yet to come across in soem aspects. In fact considering that i've seen both sides of the world very clearly I would think of myself of having plently of room to talk.
Your birthday

Birthday:
July 24, 1989

You say in your text you reserve the vote. Well.. Your only like 16 ish. Or 17. Hell, to tired to really care at the moment. My point being you cant vote in America. Maybe in Germany, but not in america. You need to be 18.
__________________

__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0