Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-20-2007, 09:47 PM   #11
Daemon Poster

Default Re: 9/11 scenes on National Geographic

Here in Texas we didn't get the day off but we did get to watch the news at school. After that the teachers let us play outside for a while I guess to try and keep people calm.

but I agree the the degree of destruction was huge.

PCNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

the flight 93 thing was bullshit, as its impossible to make phone calls from the air on a cell phone....

evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:43 AM   #13
Fully Optimized

All 9/11 is BS from the goverment if you dont beleive me see "Loose Change" on the internet it will change the whole perspective on 9/11.
//Antec 902 V3 Case, Intel i7-2600K (@4.5GHz 1.280V watercooled w/ Antec H2O Kuhler 920), 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, ASUS P8P67 PRO B3, MSI 3GB N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme (@850MHz/2100MHz), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair HX850W Pro Series//
//XPS 410 C2D E6400 @ 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 250GB HD, eVGA 320mb 8800GTS(605/1900MHz)//
//AMD Athlon XP +2000, Socket A MSI-6390, 768 mb of PC 2100 RAM, AGP ATI RADEON 9600SE//

I <3 TrancE
NeXuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:48 AM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

i watched loose change a while back and i love that vid.
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:09 AM   #15
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat_sagdiyev
the flight 93 thing was bullshit, as its impossible to make phone calls from the air on a cell phone....
You can make phone calls while on a plane, except the airlines don't like it because it can interfere with some of their instruments. Then those other planes have those phones built into the back of the seat in front of you.
PCNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:17 AM   #16
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat_sagdiyev
So are you saying that the whole thing was rubbish, & the relatives just made it up then??, now that's bullshit, & you can make cellphone calls from some airliners, the company fit them with electronics to allow that to be done.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:36 AM   #17
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by hascet
wow, thats really insensitive, and people die understandable, but not in that way, it was an act of war not a heart attack
people also die every day because they get hit by a car, they die because they don't eat well and just sit at their couch so they get all kinds of diseases, hundreds or people die every day because they don't have food/clean water.
I'm just saying, people die for a lot of reasons, sure this was a little different than the rest, but it doesn't make it something too special.
I feel far more sadness if I watch those little kids who live in africa without food/clean water than I feel when I saw the wtc towers collapse.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:13 AM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

A lot of sad things happen in our world. I was in 5th or 6th grade, so at the time I really didn't understand much of what happened, only knowing that a plane flew into a building. Last year in school we watched a video about 9/11, and the scene where the first plane flew into the building stuck in my head for a while. It just disappeared in the side of the building followed by big explosion. Thinking of all the people stuck on the upper floors completely helpless, while some committed suicide by jumping out of the windows, which must of been a gruesome sight for the people below.

When watching the towers fall it left me speechless, I couldn't think of anything to really say or think. The thousands of lives lost in this short amount of time without even using a weapon like a bomb or anything is just crazy.

Wow, I think that's the most I've ever typed on here.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:29 AM   #19
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
Hundreds or people die every day because they don't have food/clean water, I feel far more sadness if I watch those little kids who live in africa without food/clean water than I feel when I saw the wtc towers collapse.
May I suggest that they both are equally tragic events, 9/11 where over 2000 were killed, you have to add the grief of around 12,000 relatives, & let us not forget that probably more babies would have been born of those killed, the plight of the African children is indeed very very tragic, there's no denying that, but we are dealing with two completely different issues here, on the one hand, the African situation, as I can see it is due perhaps to the natural ignorance of many tribes, & their suspicion of outsiders attempting to help by offering means of reducing the birth rate, we're talking about 30 million people I believe, it's a huge task to re-educate them about sex, plus thousands are dying every hour of aids, & we know in our hearts that both these tasks will never be completed due lack of resources, it's a known fact that a lot of pledged donations of tens of millions never materialised.
As to 9/11, it was an act of war, plain & simple, shocking thing to say, but true, not ignoring the fact that some people, including some Americans agreed it happened because it was, in part, their fault.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:37 AM   #20
Beta Member

It was very tragic indeed, but then think about the amount of inncoent civilians that have died in iraq and afganistan.They did no more to deserve it that the people who died in 9/11

sol72 is offline   Reply With Quote