Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-02-2007, 06:12 AM   #61
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: 9/11 Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXuS View Post
Yeah but why are they staying I think they should have backed off when they got Hussien, there just stading in hell. More inocent lives.
Cos getting sadam was only half the job . Once they had removed the countriel leader they would have to reinstate a new goveernment over there and i think it i sonly right that they are there now cos if they left some extremists would get to power and build up a big army then in thets say 10-15 years america would have to go to war again cos the extremists would be a threat so i think it would be better if they did the job properly today by training up the iraqi police and milatery then slowly backing off so they are ther but they are just monitoring the iraqi police and milatery and checking they are doing things properly and are capable of doing things on their own then the armies can slowly start to leave . I think it would be pretty dumb if all the armies packed up and went home tomorrow cos the iraqui police and army cant cope at the moment
__________________

__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:06 AM   #62
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: 9/11 Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXuS View Post
Yeah but why are they staying I think they should have backed off when they got Hussien, there just stading in hell. More inocent lives.
what would they have accomplished then? Saddams followers would be in power instead of Saddam? And this would be good for the USA because...?
USA went there because they need a friendly government in the big oil countries, their relationship with Saudi Arabia isn't that great anymore, so they need another friendly government with lots of oil.

Therefore they will stay in Iraq untill the situation has calmed down and the new government has control of the country.
__________________

__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:36 PM   #63
Fully Optimized
 
NeXuS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,960
Default Re: 9/11 Loose Change

They dont have the power to do a full atack on USA. I dont consider Iraq a threat to us.
__________________
//Antec 902 V3 Case, Intel i7-2600K (@4.5GHz 1.280V watercooled w/ Antec H2O Kuhler 920), 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, ASUS P8P67 PRO B3, MSI 3GB N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme (@850MHz/2100MHz), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair HX850W Pro Series//
//XPS 410 C2D E6400 @ 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 250GB HD, eVGA 320mb 8800GTS(605/1900MHz)//
//AMD Athlon XP +2000, Socket A MSI-6390, 768 mb of PC 2100 RAM, AGP ATI RADEON 9600SE//

I <3 TrancE
NeXuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:45 PM   #64
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: 9/11 Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXuS View Post
Yeah but why are they staying I think they should have backed off when they got Hussien, there just stading in hell. More inocent lives.
Think of it like Post WWII Germany. We were there for what, 30 years after that to help them re-build? Sure, less people died after the war was declared over after WWII, but soldiers still died, and we still stayed until the job was done. Afterall, there were still Nazi extremists who could have done everything Hitler did if they got into power.

I agree that right now Iraq isn't a threat. However, if we left the Iraqies and let some Saddam supporter in power more weapons would flow into Iraq for the insurgents and Iraq would become a true threat. After all, they (the insurgents) are just a little mad that we took out their leader.

That's my two cents.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #65
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: 9/11 Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXuS View Post
They dont have the power to do a full atack on USA. I dont consider Iraq a threat to us.
They don't need to launch a full attack just to get the US in fear. Just the World Trade Center towers collapsing was already good enough to get most people down with fear.

The Insurgents in Iraq may lack the technological prowess or training that the US Military has but they are not to be underestimated. They easily make up for it with tenacity and persistence, not to mention most wouldn't mind giving up their lives for their cause.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #66
Daemon Poster
 
Ahyoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,373
Default Re: 9/11 Loose Change

Here's my 2 cents worth...

I have mixed views on the war, Afghanistan i supported...Iraq, I have mixed views on. One thing i don't like is when Senators like Hillary Clinton or John Kerry who supported the war in the beginning...but are now avid anti-war and call for the impeachment of the president. I think if you make a decision then you need to stick with it (especially if it changes the course of a whole nation), there is no room to be wishy-washy.

I don't think Iraq is a war of oil, in the beginning everyone thought there were WMD's. I think they did the right thing after they invaded and found out they were mistaken I don't think you need to just pack up and leave a country who's Government (or Despot) you just removed from power and whose infrastructure was damaged by the war. You help them recover, I also think if you are going to do something you don't do it half-assed, you do the best you can so you don't waste tax payers dollars, or worse, get people hurt by trying to cut corners, I think human lives are worth alot more than money, 1 life is worth alot more than whatever you could have saved money wise by cutting corners.

I proudly support our troops and any other nations soldiers fighting this war and my prayers are with all them and their family's
Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #67
Daemon Poster
 
Ahyoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,373
Default Re: 9/11 Loose Change

Sorry, Double Posted
Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #68
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: 9/11 Loose Change

I think we all know the real reason wasn't WMDs.
There are a lot of countries with WMDs, say for example Pakistan and North Korea. So why no military action against them? You might say that they aren't a threat to USA, but when was Iraq a threat?

As I said the reason is simple, oil. I didn't think that oil would be the reason at first, but then I got the big picture, which is that US didn't really have any friendly countries which had lots of oil, therefore if the middle eastern countries would have said "ok, the price of oil is now 3 times higher than it was yesterday" then the USA would have had to pay 3x more for the same amount of oil. And they really couldn't have done anything except pay. I'm sure you realize how much that would affect everything.

Now when/if the situation in Iraq stabilizes they have a friendly government there, which won't agree to such a great increase on oil price. So by invading Iraq they made sure that they can buy oil from someone if the other countries decide to increase the price. (and they won't increase it since they know Iraq will sell oil for cheaper, so everyone would of course buys most of their oil from Iraq)

Also because they are friends with the new Iraqi government they will no doubt leave some military bases into Iraq, and so they will have military power in the middle east, conveniently RIGHT next to the other oil countries. (while they probably aren't going to use that military power to attack, it is still scary to have another countries military right at your back yard)
__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:42 PM   #69
Fully Optimized
 
NeXuS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,960
Default Re: 9/11 Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
They don't need to launch a full attack just to get the US in fear. Just the World Trade Center towers collapsing was already good enough to get most people down with fear.

The Insurgents in Iraq may lack the technological prowess or training that the US Military has but they are not to be underestimated. They easily make up for it with tenacity and persistence, not to mention most wouldn't mind giving up their lives for their cause.
Its called conspiracy to me not terrorism.
__________________
//Antec 902 V3 Case, Intel i7-2600K (@4.5GHz 1.280V watercooled w/ Antec H2O Kuhler 920), 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, ASUS P8P67 PRO B3, MSI 3GB N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme (@850MHz/2100MHz), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair HX850W Pro Series//
//XPS 410 C2D E6400 @ 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 250GB HD, eVGA 320mb 8800GTS(605/1900MHz)//
//AMD Athlon XP +2000, Socket A MSI-6390, 768 mb of PC 2100 RAM, AGP ATI RADEON 9600SE//

I <3 TrancE
NeXuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:59 PM   #70
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: 9/11 Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura View Post
I think we all know the real reason wasn't WMDs.
There are a lot of countries with WMDs, say for example Pakistan and North Korea. So why no military action against them? You might say that they aren't a threat to USA, but when was Iraq a threat?

As I said the reason is simple, oil. I didn't think that oil would be the reason at first, but then I got the big picture, which is that US didn't really have any friendly countries which had lots of oil, therefore if the middle eastern countries would have said "ok, the price of oil is now 3 times higher than it was yesterday" then the USA would have had to pay 3x more for the same amount of oil. And they really couldn't have done anything except pay. I'm sure you realize how much that would affect everything.

Now when/if the situation in Iraq stabilizes they have a friendly government there, which won't agree to such a great increase on oil price. So by invading Iraq they made sure that they can buy oil from someone if the other countries decide to increase the price. (and they won't increase it since they know Iraq will sell oil for cheaper, so everyone would of course buys most of their oil from Iraq)

Also because they are friends with the new Iraqi government they will no doubt leave some military bases into Iraq, and so they will have military power in the middle east, conveniently RIGHT next to the other oil countries. (while they probably aren't going to use that military power to attack, it is still scary to have another countries military right at your back yard)
Not just that but by going to war with iraq that would damage their economy thus meaning hey will be willing to take the small price USA are offering them for oil so america isnt just stealing the oil they are forcing iraq to sell for a low price . Kind of like going into a shop tripping over then sueing them and putting them out of business so they have to close but then go to their closing down sale and get buy your products real cheap
__________________

__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0