Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-09-2007, 12:38 AM   #1
Golden Master

Default 56k warning!!! Coming out Nov.19

OMFG, look at these shots!!!! Guess what game this is from? I'll let you ponder about that.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:38 AM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: 56k warning!!! Coming out Nov.19

...........and two more since we are limited to just five images per post.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

Haha, but pics of cut scenes do not necessarily reflect the game itself. But it looks REALLY nice.
Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:43 AM   #4
Golden Master

A few of those are actually from the demo. I have it so I recognize the maps. They're just like what you see there when you're on the demo version but on mine, it was a little boxy because of my older hardware. I'm sure with these images, they're on max settings with physics being applied. Nicely rendered.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:45 AM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

Yeah, they look REALLY sick. I can't wait for the real optimized version to come out.My 8800gts 640 is barely able to handle it at High on a big resolution.

What settings do you have it at with the 7800GT?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:50 AM   #6
Golden Master

With the new drivers, I have the screen set to 1024x768 running in a "Windowed" screen mode. Eveything else is at default (everything is right down the middle as far as texture detail and world details go). I wish I could check hardware physics, but I'm afraid it's going to take a huge hit on performance. This game is optimzed for dual core and I'm running it on single core. But I'm still able to play it nicely. Crysis, I have a hard time playing that.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:01 AM   #7
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to CompMan

Unreal Tournament?

Just a guess.
--objects in rearview get smaller with each shift--
CompMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #8
Golden Master

Yes, it's Unreal Tournament 3. In the very first image, that 3-legged machine thing is hard to beat. It starts out with 1,000 hit points while we only have 100 hit points. So it takes a lot to destroy it. However, it's only controlled by whoever gets into it. Otherwise, it just sits there and does nothing. A Liandri ship delivers the "mech" vehicle in a drop off zone where anyone can get to it. I control that thing a few times and hate it. Very slow moving and very inaccurate shot, but very powerful at the same time!!!

The only reason why I would get into the cockpit of that thing is so the enemy won't get it. Teh computer does a better job of aiming so you're most likley dead when you confront it. I usually get to it first and do as much damage as I can, then I get out of it when the enemy hits me enough time. By the time I get out, the mech is already badly damaged. When the enemy get to it and use it, all I need is a few shots to kill it, hehe.

Yeah, I'm a cheater that way.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:31 AM   #9
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
Yeah, they look REALLY sick. I can't wait for the real optimized version to come out.My 8800gts 640 is barely able to handle it at High on a big resolution.

What settings do you have it at with the 7800GT?
my 8800GTS 320 owns UT3, i have never droped below 30 @ 1024x768 with it maxed out.
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:32 AM   #10
Golden Master

I'm running it at 1680x1050 though..