4.6L vs 5.4L

sniperviper21

Golden Master
Ok so im ALMOST ready to buy a new truck, most likely an 07 F150.

been looking around at a few places and online, an i cant find a 4.6L V8 for the life of me. Its really starting to piss me off...

So the only reson for a the 4.6 over the 5.4 is the MPG difference.

So lets start this off with this question, anyone got any ideas for simple, cheep, bolt on/aftermarket ways of making a few extra MPGs?

Light weight aluminum rims, aluminum driveshaft, remove AC, electric fan...

I think the 4.6L gets about 19mpg, 5.4L gets about 16mpg. Best way to add mpg is to reduce rotating mass. 10lbs of rotating mass=100lbs of non-rotating for mpg increase or so. Also, changing the rear gearing can help. Higher gearing for lots of stop and go, lower gearing for highway.

The only thing to watch out for with shorter gears is that he might sacrifice highway mileage if he gears it down enough.

Tornado intake is BS. Don't get that ebay crap. Electric supercharger and all... it doesnt work.

You should get a Lightning. Fun trucks from what I hear. Lots of power too.

What you have to watch out for with the 5.4L from what I hear is blowing head gaskets.

dont really want a racing style truck, if it want something fast off the market id get a STI lol.

truck needs to be able to handle bad weather, an be able to carry an ATV

an iv actually heard good things about that tornado...

would dual exhaust help out in the MPG field? or would that just make a couple more horsepower

Back
Top Bottom