boardordi3 said:
yeah well, a movie like a video game is right up my alley, it was interesint though, because it actually happened, but they put almost a mythological twist onto it
Haha, same here.

We just studied the Battle of Thermopylae like a month ago in Global, so it should be interesting. I gotta find someone to buy me a ticket.

It was something like the Persian Empire was owning the whole world basically, but Sparta and Athens wouldn't give in peacefully, so Persia sent like a million guys to go conquer them, and Athens and Sparta got an army ready, but some traitor told Persia some mountain pass to go through to like flank the Greek army. So then like Athens and Sparta was screwed, and they all retreated while those 300 Spartans made a last stand so the others could get away.

And then like after the 300 Spartans died, the Persians got on boats and started toward Athens, but the Greeks sent a messenger back to Athens to tell them the Persians were coming. So they were ready, and the remaining Greek soldiers were hauling ass back to Athens to defend it. And when the Persians got to Athens and saw the whole army waiting for them, they just kind of left.

That's what they named the super-soldiers from Halo. The SPARTAN project. It's because of the Battle of Thermopylae and how so few soldiers from Sparta managed to inflict so much damage to the massive Persian army because of their training and the fact that they've been literally training for war since they were little kids.

You can actually find quite a few historical references in Halo. :) Pretty interesting.

alvino said:
That's what they named the super-soldiers from Halo. The SPARTAN project. It's because of the Battle of Thermopylae and how so few soldiers from Sparta managed to inflict so much damage to the massive Persian army because of their training and the fact that they've been literally training for war since they were little kids.

You can actually find quite a few historical references in Halo. :) Pretty interesting.
You crazy Asians and your Halo :p
Just kidding...

My *former* school's mascot was the Spartans, so it means something to me. I guess we were a team of 20 guys, and took down our entire section to be undefeated. :cool:

I haven't see it yet either, but i can't wait coz i'm a big time movie lover...i have a massive amount of movies but i still like to watch them. As for the movie theater's, the movie has to be really good or at least get very good reviews before i'll see it.

alvino said:
Halo is awesome. The Halo 3 Legendary Edition is mine. :)
Nah, I'm just messing with you. I love Halo. I'm thinking of camping out for Halo 3.

Pff, who needs preorders anyway??

I'm definitely gonna make time for this next weekend, I'm just crammed with assignments this weekend, can't make it, not to mention SATs that just happened like an hour ago.

freestyler105 said:
Haha, same here.

We just studied the Battle of Thermopylae like a month ago in Global, so it should be interesting. I gotta find someone to buy me a ticket.

It was something like the Persian Empire was owning the whole world basically, but Sparta and Athens wouldn't give in peacefully, so Persia sent like a million guys to go conquer them, and Athens and Sparta got an army ready, but some traitor told Persia some mountain pass to go through to like flank the Greek army. So then like Athens and Sparta was screwed, and they all retreated while those 300 Spartans made a last stand so the others could get away.

And then like after the 300 Spartans died, the Persians got on boats and started toward Athens, but the Greeks sent a messenger back to Athens to tell them the Persians were coming. So they were ready, and the remaining Greek soldiers were hauling ass back to Athens to defend it. And when the Persians got to Athens and saw the whole army waiting for them, they just kind of left.
yeah we just did that earlier in the year too, ther such BADASSES!! OMG

boardordi3 said:
yeah we just did that earlier in the year too, ther such BADASSES!! OMG
Haha, yeah. But Spartans were like basically trained to be soliders from the day they're born, so that was like the ultimate way for them to die.

Back
Top Bottom