Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-10-2007, 12:11 PM   #11
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardordi3
yeah well, a movie like a video game is right up my alley, it was interesint though, because it actually happened, but they put almost a mythological twist onto it
Haha, same here.

We just studied the Battle of Thermopylae like a month ago in Global, so it should be interesting. I gotta find someone to buy me a ticket.

It was something like the Persian Empire was owning the whole world basically, but Sparta and Athens wouldn't give in peacefully, so Persia sent like a million guys to go conquer them, and Athens and Sparta got an army ready, but some traitor told Persia some mountain pass to go through to like flank the Greek army. So then like Athens and Sparta was screwed, and they all retreated while those 300 Spartans made a last stand so the others could get away.

And then like after the 300 Spartans died, the Persians got on boats and started toward Athens, but the Greeks sent a messenger back to Athens to tell them the Persians were coming. So they were ready, and the remaining Greek soldiers were hauling ass back to Athens to defend it. And when the Persians got to Athens and saw the whole army waiting for them, they just kind of left.
__________________

__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #12
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: 300

That's what they named the super-soldiers from Halo. The SPARTAN project. It's because of the Battle of Thermopylae and how so few soldiers from Sparta managed to inflict so much damage to the massive Persian army because of their training and the fact that they've been literally training for war since they were little kids.

You can actually find quite a few historical references in Halo. Pretty interesting.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #13
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
That's what they named the super-soldiers from Halo. The SPARTAN project. It's because of the Battle of Thermopylae and how so few soldiers from Sparta managed to inflict so much damage to the massive Persian army because of their training and the fact that they've been literally training for war since they were little kids.

You can actually find quite a few historical references in Halo. Pretty interesting.
You crazy Asians and your Halo
Just kidding...

My *former* school's mascot was the Spartans, so it means something to me. I guess we were a team of 20 guys, and took down our entire section to be undefeated.
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #14
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: 300

Halo is awesome. The Halo 3 Legendary Edition is mine.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:31 PM   #15
The Candyman
 
~mr mixx~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,310
Default Re: 300

I haven't see it yet either, but i can't wait coz i'm a big time movie lover...i have a massive amount of movies but i still like to watch them. As for the movie theater's, the movie has to be really good or at least get very good reviews before i'll see it.
__________________
" Let the music move you "
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #16
Fully Optimized
 
NeXuS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,960
Default Re: 300

Woah a friend just saw it and he didnt like it, I think it looks awesome.
__________________
//Antec 902 V3 Case, Intel i7-2600K (@4.5GHz 1.280V watercooled w/ Antec H2O Kuhler 920), 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, ASUS P8P67 PRO B3, MSI 3GB N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme (@850MHz/2100MHz), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair HX850W Pro Series//
//XPS 410 C2D E6400 @ 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 250GB HD, eVGA 320mb 8800GTS(605/1900MHz)//
//AMD Athlon XP +2000, Socket A MSI-6390, 768 mb of PC 2100 RAM, AGP ATI RADEON 9600SE//

I <3 TrancE
NeXuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #17
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Halo is awesome. The Halo 3 Legendary Edition is mine.
Nah, I'm just messing with you. I love Halo. I'm thinking of camping out for Halo 3.

Pff, who needs preorders anyway??
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #18
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,276
Default Re: 300

I'm definitely gonna make time for this next weekend, I'm just crammed with assignments this weekend, can't make it, not to mention SATs that just happened like an hour ago.
__________________
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:20 PM   #19
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105
Haha, same here.

We just studied the Battle of Thermopylae like a month ago in Global, so it should be interesting. I gotta find someone to buy me a ticket.

It was something like the Persian Empire was owning the whole world basically, but Sparta and Athens wouldn't give in peacefully, so Persia sent like a million guys to go conquer them, and Athens and Sparta got an army ready, but some traitor told Persia some mountain pass to go through to like flank the Greek army. So then like Athens and Sparta was screwed, and they all retreated while those 300 Spartans made a last stand so the others could get away.

And then like after the 300 Spartans died, the Persians got on boats and started toward Athens, but the Greeks sent a messenger back to Athens to tell them the Persians were coming. So they were ready, and the remaining Greek soldiers were hauling ass back to Athens to defend it. And when the Persians got to Athens and saw the whole army waiting for them, they just kind of left.
yeah we just did that earlier in the year too, ther such BADASSES!! OMG
__________________
We ride, we die {}FORUM 2007{}
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:24 PM   #20
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardordi3
yeah we just did that earlier in the year too, ther such BADASSES!! OMG
Haha, yeah. But Spartans were like basically trained to be soliders from the day they're born, so that was like the ultimate way for them to die.
__________________

__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0