3 red lights of doom :(

Its a shame its happened now, because I wanted to test it out on the new TV :|

The weird thing is, is how it happened. It was switched to 720p, and I believe 1080p on the settings, and the screen went black for 15 seconds or so, and reset to 720p. 1080i worked.
This was when running on the component cable, so then we turned off for some reason, and put it back and it didn't work.

I'm sort of wondering wheather it has anything to do with the video signal not being compatable, like its trying to set to 1080p or something within the console. I have tried switching the connector to TVA mode though, and this hasn't worked.

I would expect that to be 4 lights though, which happens if you don't have an AV connection plugged in at all, and not 3

3 lights means hardware overheat issue.
I know how to fix it temporarily. If you want to know, PM me. basically what has happened is the processor has like melted out of the socket so your xbox wont start.

No, 3 red lights means hardware failure. There are a set of codes that determine what it is.
Could be melted though, yeah, as fans have never been brilliant.

No, i'm not putting a cloth over it or something :p

Yeah, its definietly dead. If Game got it to work, I have no idea how they did so.

I got an e-mail back with a UPS sheet and a receipt.

Do I now wait for the package to wrap the console in, print that off, and then send it?

Thats similar to what I did...cept' I called and they sent me a box with a bag and some foam cushions to keep it from sliding around in the box as well as a UPS label. The box came with a set of instructions;)

Oh you got it already? I was going to suggest something until you got the box. Look up "towel trick" on youtube.

No, I haven't got the box, but I got the UPS label and receipt through e-mail to print.
I never thought I'd end up having to do this. I mean, its not like I abused it or anything :(

Don't worry Kage, exact same thing happened to me...twice. It's just a hardware problem, nothing you did;)

Back
Top Bottom