Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: 3 Concerts...

last concert i went to was slipknot/machine head.. was a brilliant gig.. i always want to go to disturbed when they are over here.. seen them twice, but missed the last one.. gotta try to get to the next one whenever it is..

edit.. trance/techno isnt music.. pushing buttons takes no skill whatsoever, and it sounds crap too.. but each to their own..

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #12
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon View Post
I wish I had gone to Eminems anger management tour, that looked so awesome
I NEVER Pictured you to be an eminem fan,although you did go see Jay z

Quote:
edit.. trance/techno isnt music.. pushing buttons takes no skill whatsoever, and it sounds crap too.. but each to their own..
Quote:
yes. the rest of us take interest in music that requires more than just pushing a button.
+1

Old 03-03-2009, 12:59 AM   #13
Fully Optimized

Yeh I don't mind Eminem too.

Bull, it does require some sort of skill...guitar is just pulling some strings, screamo is just guys with anger problems, drums is just hitting a bit of pig skin.

Music doesn't sounds awesome to you because it's not your genre. But it does fall in my interest area.

StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosP View Post
Bull, it does require some sort of skill...guitar is just pulling some strings, screamo is just guys with anger problems, drums is just hitting a bit of pig skin.

Music doesn't sounds awesome to you because it's not your genre. But it does fall in my interest area.
umm....if you have never touched a guitar then you have no room to talk. Its a lot more than just pulling strings. That isn't even how you play guitar. That is how you pop a bass guitar. And I suggest you learn how to hit 15 notes per second with your left hand while your right hits those 15 in time. And then lets not forget hitting the whammy, trying to hit 6 fret intervals between two strings, tapping, hammer ons and pull offs, pinky swells, bends, vibrato, trills and sweeping.

then with bass, take all of that, remove the pick and let your fingers do the walking. oh yea, don't forget to keep those strings from vibrating when you aren't playing. then try adding in slaps and pops to that.

now drums.... the easiest instrument to pick up, the hardest to master. Professional drummers ARE athletes. They have the stamina of an average NFL player. Lets see what they do. Oh yea. Keep it all together. I'm the only person on stage that has a click in my ear, and its my job to lead everyone, and keep the temo where it should be. Once you can lay down a basic beat, then you can start to add in stick tricks, double bass, scallops, open hand playing, hand crossing, gallops, etc. And lets not forget to all illusive standing while playing (that takes a lot of coordination), throwing a stick (and staying on beat). And then when you can do all of that, you can do it, above everyone on the stage (not good if you have a fear of heights) and then infront of 50,000 people. But if you can do that, you get the best seat in the house. Right between the guitar and the bass.

And lets not even try to talk about odd time signatures.

I could pick up pro tools and make a nice techno song, but I couldn't pick up a guitar bass and vocals and make a nice progressive metal song.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

#1.

Pink Floyd reunion.

David Lindon: "Faggot"
ghostFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #16
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

Something tells me stratos has *just* been

Old 03-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

, ,

(three vids for same gig)
Old 03-03-2009, 11:05 PM   #18
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew

True about the instrument talent stuff, but also true about talented electronica artists. There's a lot of work put into each, but you're comparing apples to oranges.

The debate on that reminded me of what would be an epic concert and that was the last rounds Daft Punk made on their Alive tour. They had some great remixes and an incredible light show. Production values must be insane lol

Looks like a party and a half to me, and I love that song.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #19
Fully Optimized

Well, RC, if you wanna go into further detail, when you DJ you have to understand your music. Know the whole, match songs. You have the BPM as well don't forget.

But you are saying is mastering guitar. Playing a guitar is easy. Mastering a guitar is not.

And that's what I just said too, to DJ is easy, to be a Pro DJ is hard.

Get my drift?
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosP View Post
Get my drift?
The drift is that you are an idiot. That's the only bad part about being a mod....you can't put someone on ignore. I wish i could.

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote