2010 Camaro SS vs 2009 Mustang GT

Well, that's a stupid race. With proper tires, the GT500 runs in the mid elevens, and with proper tires, the Camaro should run mid 12s. And that would be crushing the camaro.

^Agreed, but still not a 'fair' race.
True, But I think if they both hooked perfect, the Gt500 would win, even if it only had 422hp. Just because it weighs a little less.
And I think the Mustang GT could win if it had only 360hp or so. All about power to weight. I can't wait for the coyote engine. And GMs new Z28, supercharged 6.2L with 556hp...

Although, Ford's new 6.0L is going to be making 500+hp... NA, so to all you GM guys that say Ford needs forced induction to keep up, look who is putting a supercharger on... Not that forced induction is bad. Allows for better mileage and power with smaller motors...

GT loses to SS loses to cobra. Mustang wins on looks.

FYI, I LOVE the sound of pushrods, but a good exhaust on the dual cam engines can give the pushrods a run for their money.

That's true. Cobra Terminator pwns all, lol.

So my friend was trying to argue for the camaro. More of, just be an asshole cause he knows I like the Mustang more. I told him I would like one of the 80s or 90s f-bodies if I were to get a camaro. He says, the new one is, "made of better metal, and not plastic, making it better, because better metal makes it better and safer, because it's sturdier, and heavier"
I responded with, "You would have made a GREAT engineer... in the 70s for an American company" lmfao, he doesn't get it.

Wow.... I'm not gonna lie, I think the new one is really really ugly. Too much drop in the hood, and it looks like it is a hawk about to kill you.

edit- the camaro that is. The new 'stang is hawt.

Camaro All the way. The Camaro SS is pushing 420+ horse power straight out the factory. The suspension is the one they use off their euro lines. And you know it looks better :D. But how bout that corvette SS 600+ horse power from the factory.. Lets see ford mess with that :p

Personally I prefer the Mustang as I've always liked it more than the Camaro. Besides, if you can afford a brand new 2010 Camaro, might as well look for a used C5 Corvette. :D

i heard you can get butterfly doors on it

It's a Ford. Not a McLaren F1.

So I my friend told me the Camaro is simply better then the Mustang. This kid doesnt know anything about cars though, lmao. I said, if I were to get one, I would get one of the late 90s, or an iroc-z, because they are lighter. He said, the new ones are "sturdier, safer, and better." Why safer? He says, "Because it's made of better stronger metal, not plastic like the old ones."

Yes, he actually said that, lmfao. I just said, "You would have made a great engineer for an American car company in the 70s..."

No, the Camaro wins on looks rubberchicken, but I did read in car and driver or road and track that the mustang gt wins it all even with less horsepower than the Camaro and Challenger. It's just a better car overall.

Back
Top Bottom