20 killed at university [BBC news]

The Canadian news channels bombarded us with videos from the guy that did it. He was complaining about everything and saying stuff like you made me do it, I wouldn't of did it but I have to or something.

I have friends at Virginia Tech, but they're fine.

There was a link to a blog from someone in the school, can't remember it now though.

it is the societies fault that this happened. They didnt tend to him, and this is what happened. He was officically mentally instable a year ago, they just let him back in. Everyone ignored him and he tried to get a gf, they all rejected him, then he started to stalk them, then he went on mental breakdown. Truly, this is societies fault, and how they have made an innocent child a killer... i feel so sorry for all of those that have died. this could have been all prevented...

Society may have done a bit more for him i agree but they did try to help him a while back, he was then already having fixations and terrible thoughts, this will probably go back to his childhood somewhere, abuse maybe I'm only speculating but as for saying" this is societies fault, and how they have made an innocent child a killer..." i disagree anyone who is having those kind of thoughts is not innocent, he is responsible for his own actions and in my opinion new exactly what he was doing. he may have had a breakdown yes but why blame society for it, hell we all go through bad patches and get through it, he may have felt alone and depressed with no one to turn to, but shooting everybody and making a video of himself blaming society for his behavior is outrageous and absolute crap.

He wanted to make a point, now he has. The geek wanting to become a hero? We have all give him what he wanted, his '15 minutes of fame'. I found his video quite gay and full of crap.

At one stage at the uni, a report was made that he was mentallly unstable, a copy of the report was shown on TV last evening.

So why was he allowed to continue freely among normal students if that was the case, you would think they would have separated him and sent him somewhere special for one to one help.

After treatment and I thought he received some kind a treatment a person should not be isolated for eternity.... The question in my mind is why was he allowed to legally purchase weapons.

he was reported by two separate girls for stalking

his english teacher reported him for his essays

they knew he was mentally unstable

they didnt lock him up because it would infringe his 'human rights'

what about the human rights of the people he murdered??

the system is screwed.. making it so that you can only do something after they have comitted the crime is ludracous, i hope they pass the law they are debating over here at the moment, about being able to lock up mentally unstable people before they comit the crime, it makes much more sense... why wait til they murder someone before doing something about it??

i cant understand the police over there either, two hours between the shootings, yet they didnt close down the campus, or even start evacuating it... that is crazy...

Dont you have to have a gun licence or something to be able to buy one or just own one?

Back
Top Bottom