18yo girl hits toll booth at 100MPH in a Porche 911 Carrera

Clutch said:
Just be glad it was a Carrera and not a 911 turbo. That would be a very sad day. I don't mind seeing the Carrera's go as they are the poor mans Porsche, but the turbos are nice. Oh, wait, I'm supposed to be feeling bad for this girl aren't I? Lemme try . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Nope, nothing.

She was an idiota and her parents were even dumber for buying her the damn car! I have no pity for her. As sad as this event is and how much pain her parents are in over it (if they even gave a shit to begin with), I cannot feel bad here. She was speeding and couldn't wait to get around someone. She also didn't know how to controll her $72,400+ sports car (that is designed to handel well even at high rates of speed).

My first 5 cars didn't add up to a tenth of that in cost! Even if I had the money to buy that for my child and not think twice, I wouldn't even bother. I'd get them a Scion or another reliable 4 banger.

Wow, you're just..Any car can go 100mph+, you act as if the porshe is why she crashed. People die going 100+ in a damn 350z or any 25k car. The car has nothing to do with her accident, she was going to fast, end of story, not omg why was she doing 100 in a 911. I dont see how going 100 in a 911 is any different from someone going 100 in an accord. People go 100 on a daily on the freeway...

RIP

root said:
I think that people should be forced to look at those pictures, regarles of whether they have a weak stomach or not, just to discourage people from speeding.
I couldn't agree more. I feel sorry for the loss.. but really, she was just being stupid.
Clutch said:
Just be glad it was a Carrera and not a 911 turbo. That would be a very sad day. I don't mind seeing the Carrera's go as they are the poor mans Porsche, but the turbos are nice. Oh, wait, I'm supposed to be feeling bad for this girl aren't I? Lemme try . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Nope, nothing.
Hah, quite right.

Those pictures are pretty nasty, but if someone gets sick from seeing them, yet decides to never do the same thing as her.. then I think it was worth it.
Things like this shouldn't be censored.

G35x said:
People go 100 on a daily on the freeway...

Now I don't live in the USA, but don't you guys have speed limits? :p I though it was something like 70-80mph on highways...

70mph on open highway, 55 in city.
But that doesn't matter if drivers don't pay attention to them. Although her death is a tragic loss, it can serve to remind others that as corny as it sounds, speed kills. You are not invunerable. Your body is as frail as the next one.
At 100mph you cover the lenght of a football field in 3.41 seconds. Things go by in the beat of a heart or the blink of an eye. There is no room for error at that speed.
And at 18 I don't care who you are, you don't have the experince nor a reason to be going that fast.
By the way my money's on she was talking on her cell phone...

setishock said:
70mph on open highway, 55 in city.
But that doesn't matter if drivers don't pay attention to them. Although her death is a tragic loss, it can serve to remind others that as corny as it sounds, speed kills. You are not invunerable. Your body is as frail as the next one.
At 100mph you cover the lenght of a football field in 3.41 seconds. Things go by in the beat of a heart or the blink of an eye. There is no room for error at that speed.
And at 18 I don't care who you are, you don't have the experince nor a reason to be going that fast.
By the way my money's on she was talking on her cell phone...
lol, what city are you driving in? i cant go 55 in downtown chicago. and its 75 on the expressway, most suburban highways are 45-55. and a lot of cars go more than 100mph, but a car like a 911 just make you want to go faster

With Seti on this, she was on the Cell.

And Im with root too, they should use graphic incidences as this, as a scare tatic.

So sad, really it is such a shame...i mean 18 years old...honestly that is such a waste of life. I can't believe the stupidity that people can have. Such a pretty girl now look at what speed and a concrete surface can do to that? It just makes me sick to my stomache. Complete devastation is all I can use to describe such a situation...

People need to realize that some risks and daring acts are just too stupid to be doing and should start thinking more about what the consequences might be. To that girl, I hope it was worth the enjoyment because now you're dead.

I read somewhere that she got in a fight with her parents, so she grabbed her dad's Porsche and sped off enraged then crashed it like you see in the pics.

Its common sense not to drive a fast car when your pissed off.

Because this is the result.

My mom has a nice car. Its a 560 SL mercedes benz. 1987, the last year they made the 5.6 Liter engine in the V8 form. Its about 330 stock hp.

If I got into a fight there is NO way I would take her car out. Just for the fact its got "too much" power.

In quotes because its only too much when your mad.

Back
Top Bottom