17 year old severely injures his 4 year old sister

Brookfield

Golden Master
This happened in England yesterday, it's early days yet, I suspect it was an accident, he might have been cleaning it & it went off, however, whatever the circumstances it seems to prove the point that young persons shouldn't own firearms, of course it might be that he was licenced to own it for use on a range, I don't know the minimum age that you have to be in England, anyone know?
Whatever happened, that boy now will be haunted by this all his life, it'll probably destroy him mentally, & then there's the parents, how sad.

Re: 17 year old kills his 4 year old sister

Thats awfull :( I dont think guns should be alowed by public perchase full stop, why would you want one? If no one can purchase one half the problems solved (apart from illigaly getting them of course). That boys going to be pretty stuffed :(

Never heard this story. There's a story today of a 17 year old injuring his 12 year old sister in Manchester though.

I doubt he was dusting the weapon, he's probably some blinged up arsehole who's asking for 35 years inside as a Christmas present.

Never heard this story. There's a story today of a 17 year old injuring his 12 year old sister in Manchester though.

I doubt he was dusting the weapon, he's probably some blinged up arsehole who's asking for 35 years inside as a Christmas present.
Ah, yes, sorry, thanks for that, I've watched a later report, she's in intensive care, I'll change the thread title.

Sorry guys, my mistake, she was severely injured, not killed, I've changed the thread title, so any subsequent posts should show this.

Shocker absolute shocker, how on earth did he get hold of the gun? I cant believe he shot his own sister i will have to wait on some later news but all the same its terrible thing to happen:(

First off I would like to say that I am very sorry for what happened and I think its a horrible thing. My guess is that it was his parent's gun most likely though, not his own.

I know here in the US you have to be 21 before you can purchase and own your own hand gun. I would NEVER give up my right to own a gun though. Shooting is an exzillerating sport, and you will never at the adernaline rush you get when you a shoot a gun. I dont think there is anything wrong with being able to own guns, I mean hell thats one of the things this country was built on!

you have to be 17 or over to own a firearms certificate in Britain.
(note firearms certificate is different from shotgun certificate).

in order to keep a firearm you need a firearms certificate, firearms certificates work on the same principal as a passport when you renew them.

In order to renew a certificate you need a statement of truth from a member of authority, saying that you are a level headed sane person, you need to have citizenship.

it's not a perfect system, but it is a system that for the most part works.
however, nobody can avoid a tragic accident like this, I'm fairly sure that the person in question will be investigated and if found to be at fault will no longer be allowed to own a gun (at all firearm or the lesser shot gun certificate).

the trouble is no matter what system is in place, if you have a gun, then you (or your family) are in danger.

First off I would like to say that I am very sorry for what happened and I think its a horrible thing. My guess is that it was his parent's gun most likely though, not his own.

I know here in the US you have to be 21 before you can purchase and own your own hand gun. I would NEVER give up my right to own a gun though. Shooting is an exzillerating sport, and you will never at the adernaline rush you get when you a shoot a gun. I dont think there is anything wrong with being able to own guns, I mean hell thats one of the things this country was built on!

i don't think we need guns

yeah i totally disagree , i mean the whole point of legal guns how stupid letting inexperienced people carry guns in a public place

Back
Top Bottom