10 days til the 7800!!!

Woh...£1000??? Thats outragious... I mean yeah, you'll need top hardware in your PC, since the 6800 CPU started maxing out with frames per second with most standard processors, and this thing will be even faster!! So you'll need double the CPU that you had before to run it, that isn't even out yet, unless you have a dual CPU or something, and same with the RAM!!!

EDIT: I just read this though:

"Sources mentioned that pricing of 7800 cards should be in line with the 6800 series and come in between $550 and $600 for the GTX model" (GTX is going to be the highest version of it)

Wow... and most games won't take much use of it, and think of it this way, when Direct X-10 comes out, this card will become useless, so it doesn't matter how fast it is! Whos going to play at the res's this card allows for and will paly smoothly? I mean yeah, it'll play games at lower res's too at faster settings than before, but not a noticeable difference, only a number to benchmarks...

That make any sense? Doesn't to me.

For a card so powerful, it should also have some sort of early direct-x 10 implementation that has been rumoured on the x-box 2, which hardware will take quick advantage of, and then this card though will almost be useless since games will done all it could do!!! I don't get that one bit!

Plus, because PC's are the way they are, and game developers have to make games for older systems too, the qulaity of games will never get as good with this card as they would in a console if this was implemented in one, and a card this powerful should at least have that chance, because its definetly not going to get a chance to shine...

Though look at this I saw:

"Geforce 7800 does score 7800 in 3Dmark05"

I read this in another forum, but not that great really...doesn't beat the 05 specs yet... (I know benchmarks don't matter but 10,000 is what a card should get to last). I mean two 6800GT's together can reach 10,000 marks...so I don't see what the hypes about. I would have expected this to reach 10,000 on its own, but then again, CPU's are probably dragging it down of today!

Heres about the 3DMarks, and this mind you is on a FX-57, the new one! and overclocked! (On overclocked FX57):

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24021

see what I mean?!

OH WELL:

At least it'll drop older hardware though, thats what I'm pleased about :)

Anyone have the same opinion? Or is it just me being sensible about it? I hope reading this post anyway suddenly hits, since I'm thinking very logical about it...

The price isnt actually that bad for a top-of-the-range graphics card - $550 equates to about £300, the standard for most new cards in the performance series of ATI and Nvidia. I just find it amazing how people have the money to buy something like that and be able to buy all the hardware to make it worth it (superfast CPU + RAM, good motherboard with PCIExpress support, etc. - must cost a hell of a lot!!)

As for it being useless once DirectX 10 comes along, I don't agree at all - DirectX has always been designed to build upon each version, and make it so that having the latest version isn't necessary to get the best performance out of most games. Sure, u mite not get the newest effects at the fastest speed once DirectX 10 comes along, but thats gona b the case wateva card u buy, so ur screwed eitha way! Besides, there's bound to be software emulation for most of the new effects so its nothin 2 worry bout. Overall, this card looks like a decent investment, you can be pretty sure u wont need to upgrade for quite a while.. especially not with it being a PCIExpress card, its about the fastest f***er u cud hope 2 get ur hands on!

Yeah, I agree with you, I have to admit.
Because you can update the rest of your hardware as time goes on, which will make the card run even faster than it already is, and if you don't run games at the resoloutions it can, fine, as you can wait until it starts running games at 1024x768 at 30fps which would be quite a while i would presume.

The Direct X-10 thing still annoys me though, and I wasn't just attacking this Nvidia card, because you know ATI's going to be just around the corner.

As for software emulation for Direct X -10 effects, this never occured with 9, so why should it with 10?
If they did, they wern't the noticable ones like Pixel Shaders which would have needed Hardware emulation to work anyway and Direct X-10 has to have something just as good as this to make it an overall better upgrade for developers! Otherwise, they'd just carry on making Direct X-9 d,e,f to give it more Pixel Shader instructions, etc, agree?

Well frankly i'm getting a geforce 6600 GT Extreme. I don't think i'll ned to upgrade that for a while now. But if you do get this card you won't have to upgrade FOR A LONG ASS TIME. My Geforce 5200 runs a lot of games just fine. Sure graphics ain't what they can be but hey.

Yeah so even if we can't run at the res's this card can, its going to make the games play for a long time, so thats really going to be the use of it in the long run...

O yea. If you get it now. I hiighly doubt you'll be upgrading it for the next couple years. (or have the need too)

Yeah, since it has so many shader capabilities now, I doubt any game in the next few years will need anymore, so this card will be pushing through new games like a demolition run, so if you can afford the price, I guess it'd be good even for a average gamer!

It'd last them 3-4 years running at there default resoloutions of 1024x768, or 1152x864 which I run games at, so in a way, i'd be fun to get it to see games of now run in the 100's of fps.

SLI:

Though its true that you could get two 6800's to get about the same result in 3D Mark 05, but nothing beats getting one card for a game rather than splitting over two, since SLI does have its down sides, and if you could afford two of the 7800's though, good on ya!

Back
Top Bottom