The 00s come to an end

Can't really predict the move in technology, no one saw any of what happened this year coming really. Speed of computers, multi function phones, accessibility to the internet, portability of performance, internet speeds, flat screen tellies, digital photography, it amazes me when i think about the phone i had back in the early noughties compared to the power of phones now, and the speed of my 2000 pc compared to the immensely more powerful rig that i have now, that is an all in one PC (laptop) that i can take anywhere and is still hundreds of times more powerful than the pentium PCs i used to have, that had 800*600 resolutions and a PAYG dial up connection that gave you access to an internet where pictures were scarce, google was little, music was polyphonic and videos never happened.

In ten years. The end of the next decade. I think we will have spaceships that people can be on.

We're almost already there. You just have to own the lifter plane, the pilot, and the space craft.

We're almost already there. You just have to own the lifter plane, the pilot, and the space craft.

Just ten more years and I'm pretty sure personal spacecraft will be entirely possible. Fusion powered, ion thrusters, maybe some small shields for a lot of money.

Can't really predict the move in technology, no one saw any of what happened this year coming really. Speed of computers, multi function phones, accessibility to the internet, portability of performance, internet speeds, flat screen tellies, digital photography, it amazes me when i think about the phone i had back in the early noughties compared to the power of phones now, and the speed of my 2000 pc compared to the immensely more powerful rig that i have now, that is an all in one PC (laptop) that i can take anywhere and is still hundreds of times more powerful than the pentium PCs i used to have, that had 800*600 resolutions and a PAYG dial up connection that gave you access to an internet where pictures were scarce, google was little, music was polyphonic and videos never happened.
I think that all the stuff that you just said pretty much was available or was reasonably obviously coming up at the start of the last decade.

certainly in 2001 I had broadband whilst I was at uni, flat screen tv's we're still a little way off, but LCD monitors were about, so it was only a matter of time till we'd get flat screen TVs.
we had digital cameras in the 90's

as for phones, fair enough perhaps not in the last decade, but I've had a phone, (same phone for the past three years). that can run multiple operation, that can run GPS/navigation software, that I can download applications to to increase functionality, run multiple apps at the same time. and the phone was reasonably old when I got it, (which is why it didn't cost much). there were smart phones before that too,

before the phone I've got now I had a nokia Ngage, I had GPS navigation on that too (using a bluetooth GPS reciever)...

Back
Top Bottom