would you donate a small ammount to keep cf alaive

as for the spelling and grammar errors does anyone really care. no. as long as you can get the message across. at least this forum isnt like chatting with all the shorcuts. and i havent even seen you on so you come on suddenly to say that david should do something to the server. you should really wake up dude it takes TIME to do things something that come to a premimum to people like david and mods.
It really does matter though. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but -

First of all, you make yourself look like a total retard when you can't spell or write properly. A lot of my respect for members here has been flushed down the toilet just because of their terrible spelling and grammar. I'm not expecting Oxford level stuff here guys, but my 9 year old sister is a better speller than 90% of the people on this forum. I am not exaggerating one bit.
And then, not to mention that the sensible people on here have to take extra time to DECODE your messages. :rolleyes:

Lots of people on here say they use Firefox. Firefox has a built in spell checker. For the love of God, use it! It's not that hard, I mean your misspelled words are underlined in bright red. Right click the words, and you've got suggestions for corrections.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if some of our members are dyslexic...

my firefox doesn't have any kind of spell check. Might be that I need to turn it on, though I don't probably want it on anyway. :D

First of all, you make yourself look like a total retard when you can't spell or write properly. A lot of my respect for members here has been flushed down the toilet just because of their terrible spelling and grammar. I'm not expecting Oxford level stuff here guys, but my 9 year old sister is a better speller than 90% of the people on this forum. I am not exaggerating one bit.
And then, not to mention that the sensible people on here have to take extra time to DECODE your messages. :rolleyes:

Lots of people on here say they use Firefox. Firefox has a built in spell checker. For the love of God, use it! It's not that hard, I mean your misspelled words are underlined in bright red. Right click the words, and you've got suggestions for corrections.

There are some people here who spell like 1st graders. It makes the forum look bad, I mean for gosh sakes use the spell checker in Firefox! I think some people are just lazy and don't want to present themselves in a decent way. If I came asking for help, I'd take advice from the person who at least knew how to spell decently and put a sentence together as opposed to the person who said "al u hve 2 doo is putt the ram in one uv thu slosts in ur motherbord" I mean come on, that kind of spelling is beyond pathetic. With all the spell checkers and stuff out now, there's NO reason you can't at least spell decently.

oh isn't it ironic that this thread has spelling errors. It should be "would you donate a small amount to keep CF alive?: but instead it reads "would you donate a small ammount to keep cf alaive"

It's on by default in Firefox 2.0. If it's turned off for some reason, you can turn it back on under Tools, Options, Advanced, and make sure the "Check my spelling as I type" option is on.

@ troy, I agree completely. It makes the forum as a whole look bad when users come on to ask for help and are greeted by gibberish like that.

There is a spell check now where members compose their posts [the small ABC symbol, [top r/h corner]

i have it built into firefox. before i never used to bother with it but now ive realized its a big help, although sometimes its inaccurate, just like word

i went to a bank lol. its a vista electron. still counts. although its probs more of a debit card. i can use it online and in shops and in the cashpoint of course so it aint too shabby
i think paying for extras is good. they have that on another forum i go on

Haha, far from a credit card then, I've got a Debit Card myself.

Haha, far from a credit card then, I've got a Debit Card myself.

Me too. I like it because I can order stuff from newegg and other places without having to bother my parents.

Of course that means I'd also donate to CF to keep things running smoothly.

wikipedia says that a visa electron card can be "a debit or credit card available across most of the world" lol... but yh, its actually more of a debit come to think of it

I am not as you delightfully put a TB, If I had wanted to join a pay site I would have, I joined this forum to get to know people and have discussions on computer technology whether it be needing help, or helping other members, or learning and improving my own knowledge of computers thanks to the support and guidance of other members on the CF forum, so are you now to say that because I would not contribute that I'm a TB hmmm. I don't like the way that poll reads, its disrespectful:mad: This forum is free I'm glad to say, and has helped many people, but would it still encourage new members if it was not, and also why is it necessary? just so you can have a faster log ins and a server without D.B.E I presume?

P.S Ignore what I just said i mist the Lol on the end of the poll, completely took it the wrong way OOPS my sincere apologies

Back
Top Bottom