White Screen

omg, seriously, what is the point of these stupid "whitescreen" threads. Thanks for pointing out the blatantly obvious. 'All these do is just make people read the time to you... These threads are so stupid, and I think other people will agree with me.

omg, seriously, what is the point of these stupid "whitescreen" threads. Thanks for pointing out the blatantly obvious. 'All these do is just make people read the time to you... These threads are so stupid, and I think other people will agree with me.

david asks that someone post the time its helps him diagnose the problems and to assess what needs to be done, but a pm would probably be better lol.

Yeah, I like the thread idea because it allows for posting of ideas as to why or how it happened.

Say someone really experienced in networking and sever administration steps in, he could voice his opinion and help us eliminate white screens. Hypothetical situation, but you never know.

jus a uk time status update i check it at about 12.30 this morning early morning jus past midnight and it was down.

IT happened about 11:46 UK time dunno how long it lasted because i just went to bed afterwards

They are not stupid , they are to help david out in finding out what caused the error , he cant fix it if he had no idea what time these errors are occuring at least then he has an idea of what time he should be looking at in his logs when he is trying to figure out what is causing the problems . If you dont like theese threads then dont read them or come into them

ok then we only need one person to post the time, then make a mod close the thread.

all david does to fix these is reboot the server. if he actually took initiative and tried to fix it, then it'd be fixed already. An upgrade to the newest version of PHP and VBulletin is in order.

ok then we only need one person to post the time, then make a mod close the thread.

all david does to fix these is reboot the server. if he actually took initiative and tried to fix it, then it'd be fixed already. An upgrade to the newest version of PHP and VBulletin is in order.

if multiple people post that gives a better idea of when it was down , for instance one member may only know when it went down and didnt hang around te seey when it cam back on

And i think david is doing a bit more than just restarting the server everytime there is a white page problem but it isnt just something he can fix immediatly he has to establish what the problem is and find a fix for it remember last time when there where all the white pages and DB errors he fixed it then and it was fine for a while but they are obviously coming back again
And there is already a thread about upgrading to the latest version of VB
but upgrading isnt the only soloution to this problem

Back
Top Bottom