Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-09-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se
Default what happened to the new avatars?

there was a thread not long ago and we all submitted some very nice avatars. some of the ones we have now are blurry and look messy. its not that much effort to upload a new pack is it? i mean im sure a lot of members will post some suitable ones to save david the effort. just like the last thread.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: what happened to the new avatars?

Ya, I pm'ed ArrizX about it a couple weeks ago, he said he hadn't heard anything from David on them...

Old 04-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #3
Golden Master

hmm that sucks. i remember arrizX saying he would upload them
Old 04-09-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
muz
Golden Master

dont think mods can upload avatars unless david has installed a special patch for vb
Old 04-10-2007, 12:04 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

yea i don't think mods can upload avatars for all of us. i would like to see some new avatars. the new ones got boring very quick.
Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:12 AM   #6
Golden Master

IMHO, David will say, I'm sure that he has done a lot already, by offering two lots of new avatars, & won't be at all keen to keep giving more & more, one site I was a member of, Techspot, there was a standard range of avatars to choose from & that was it, if members asked for more, the were told bluntly not to ask again, David has been very tolerant in my view, but now I think he has shut up shop as it were.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:04 AM   #7
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK

For once I have to agree, its just this never ending cycle of requests for this or that, its get given and then its move on to the next thing.

What is it going to be next the campaign for more mods or something? Nope sorry it has to be the requests for custom formatting in the sigs again!!!

Yes its frustrating, and it is more frustrating that it takes so long for any form of response, but you are getting the upgrades that everyone has been nagging for, so just give it a break for at least 24hrs.

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:26 AM   #8
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasseyeUK
For once I have to agree, its just this never ending cycle of requests for this or that, its get given and then its move on to the next thing.

What is it going to be next the campaign for more mods or something? Nope sorry it has to be the requests for custom formatting in the sigs again!!!

Yes its frustrating, and it is more frustrating that it takes so long for any form of response, but you are getting the upgrades that everyone has been nagging for, so just give it a break for at least 24hrs.
24 hours Joe?. how about never, they should consider themselves lucky as regards the new avatars. lol. By the way David said expect some disruption tomorrow, Wednesday, as he expects to be doing some more to the site!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:01 AM   #9
Golden Master

im not asking to become admin or get formatting in sigs or something big and stupid. just remove a few avatars and add some. out with the old in with the new. its like a 2 min job and we would have the same amount of avatars only some nicer ones.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:30 AM   #10
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_se
im not asking to become admin or get formatting in sigs or something big and stupid. just remove a few avatars and add some. out with the old in with the new. its like a 2 min job and we would have the same amount of avatars only some nicer ones.
Sorry, no chance, read my earlier post again, David has already done far more than can be expected of him, end of topic.