what do you want to see on this site?

I voted for five different ones on there including the restructuring of the forum, theme, biggger avatar size, sigs, wiki.

On the restructuring forum part, breakdown the General Hardware/Software forum. Everything's crammed in there.

That Technical section is weird. It shouldn't be called Technical. Some of those should be moved into the Software section. Computer programming and web programming should be combined. Redunant. Other than that, keep Web Hosting the way it is. The Technical and the General Sections are the one that need a huge revamp.

We need almost all of it.

New smilie pack, and an updated theme because this version is not even made for the current version of VB, formatting in sigs would be nice (strictly with those user bars), we need to prune people older then 6mo with no posts and make avatars standard to 96x96.

All of these can be heavily moderated and enforced.... notice our modcp..

Myself, Thelis, celegorm alone are on more then enough to take care of avatars/sigs/profile pictures, whatever it may be.

Not to mention ALL the other mods that are on as much as possible... We have a great staff here to enforce the rules. And rules can be written right about the avatar or signature upload like so off another forum..

See, it can be done, with ease of effort. Oh, and notice all the standard smilies... some of which are animated.

AND the bigg 'un...

We gotta rearrange the layout I believe.

Should be=

The Lounge-
*Social lounge
*Classifieds (subforums 'Wanted (WTB) Trade (WTT)'
*Gallery (show case rigs, newly boughten equipment etc)
*Miscellaneous Help (subforums 'General Eletricals', 'Media')
*Review Board (subforums 'Non-computer related')

General Computer help-
*Hardware (subforums 'Amd vs Intel' and 'Ati vs nVidia')
*Software (subforum should be 'Operating Systems')
*Input Devices (i.e. mouse keyboard speakers printers or whatever)
*Proposed Reference Area

Technical-
*Communications/Aim BlueShadowz
*Networking & DNS
*Security and Hacking
*General Programming (css, c++ etc)

Web Services-
*Server Administration
*Shared / Dedicated hosting
*Web language programming (html, java script etc)
*Design and Advertising board

CF Comments & Suggestions
*General Comments and Feedback
*Staff area
*Spam Archive

So then what we need is a new look. Dave doesnt want to chance this because it wouldnt have the same feel to him. So find an updated version of this, you know the same theme, just one for this version of VB. Then something with more contrast (darker), and a few with more colors, so we have variety for our personal tastes.

With that, we need a new logo.... I made this a while back as a joke, but I will post it, and it will get my point across - that we need something thats a little less bland, and more 'cool' (whatever your personal perception might be of that word.

cflogokx0.jpg

Then we need #1 done. We need to move those advertisements up there flush right above where it says comptuer forums.

Then #2 needs to to get done. it needs to be moved closer to the logo, and they need to be bigger... this size..

and we need something like that too.

it needs to have home (forum index) then tutorials (make my reference thread into a wiki type page) as well as the file database (should also turn into a wiki type page where there is a list of programs (in a few my posts in the reference thread) that can be linked directly to manufactures site and then download page with brief description.) [or we can keep the thread and turn it into a forum] (proposed idea in general computer in italics)

and as a final thought move the picture limit to 10 ish that would allow for more smilies + pictures in a post (mainly for gallery)

It looks like a lot to do all at once so I'm pretty sure it wont get done. I say for the CF anniversary thing, forget about it and just make the changes suggested in this thread.

I agree with arrizx's idea. Video card section, and processor section would be nice. The marketplace here is fairly dead, but it would be nice to keep.

Back
Top Bottom