This website is very, very slow or not responding

Well, its a dedicated server which means theres nothing besides what David has on it. I know he has CF, and Rapid Gaming, and his personal site. Also, I live in the US and its slow for me so I don't think its an issue with being overseas

No, I meant if he's using a data centre then there's likely to be many more servers trying to use the same backbone.

I think it's a traffic issue, there's no problems with the specs of that server. I haven't seen any major slowdown in the time that I've been here so I can't really comment.

David do you still have the Yabb site on your server? Remember that gave you some fits when some one was running code on there.

No, I meant if he's using a data centre then there's likely to be many more servers trying to use the same backbone.

I think it's a traffic issue, there's no problems with the specs of that server. I haven't seen any major slowdown in the time that I've been here so I can't really comment.
It's not a data centre.

How do you know that Brookfield, do you know that for sure? Where is he running it from then?

How do you know that Brookfield, do you know that for sure? Where is he running it from then?
Yes I do James, we chatted about the whole situation a couple of times, we talk quite a lot at times, about a variety of issues, as to where it is, he didn't say, except it's in America like the one before I believe.

It's not a data centre.

Well it must be hosted in some kind of facility because no ISP takes kindly to websites being hosted from home due to the bandwidth involved. In fact, I'm sure I read it was straight out illegal in some countries let alone ISP regulations.

If as you say it's not in a data centre then I must say it seems a little bit odd, as data centres or at least something put together by the hosting company are the standard modus operandi unless you're a large corporation with the resources to host your own servers and cover your maintenance costs on site within your own premises.

The site appears to be running fine anyway.

Re: Slow

Well done, there is a huge thread rite below yours about this.

EDIT: Threads merged.

Back
Top Bottom