Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #31
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Webhead
Default Re: This website is very, very slow or not responding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
[1] Me too

[2] That's the favourite conjecture

[3] We had one once.

Blimey - we are alike!! < Except your alot older than me!

How did the dedicated server perform?

New PC Specs: Intel Core 2 Qaud Q9950 1.83GHZ (Overclocked to 3GHZ), 4GB RAM PC-6400, Samsung F1 1000GB Hard Drive, Asus P5Q Pro Motherboard, Antec Freezer 7 Pro, Antec Three Hundred PC Case, Lite-ON DVD RW. Laptop Specs: Model HP Pavilion DV6174ea, Intel Core 2 Duo 5500 (1.66ghz), 2gb ram, Nvidia Geforce 7400 Go 256mb (128 dedicated, 128 turbocache), Wifi, DVD RW with lightscribe technology, and has a remote control as well!
Webhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #32
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
Blimey - we are alike!! < Except your alot older than me!

How did the dedicated server perform?
What's 57 years between friends, & in 1989 I was 2 years away from retirement, as for the the server, I dunno.

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:36 PM   #33
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

i dont think a dedicated server for this one site would be very cost effective for david. especially with the sites he runs, but i suppose its possible
Old 08-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #34
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to DannyBoy

It's fast at the moment, touch wood
DannyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #35
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_se View Post
i dont think a dedicated server for this one site would be very cost effective for david. especially with the sites he runs, but i suppose its possible
As I have said, we had one once, you've been here quite a while you must remember all the hoo ha.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #36
In Runtime

Quote:
What's 57 years between friends, & in 1989 I was 2 years away from retirement, as for the the server, I dunno.
Yeah I suppose age doesn't matter, just wondering (a bit of topic) how did you get into computers and learn how to use them since most today are brought up on how to use them whereas older people didn't have them when they were younger?

Yeah I suppose a dedicated server wouldn't be cost effective but it may run a lot better. Well it might be about the same, depends which host you use I suppose.
New PC Specs: Intel Core 2 Qaud Q9950 1.83GHZ (Overclocked to 3GHZ), 4GB RAM PC-6400, Samsung F1 1000GB Hard Drive, Asus P5Q Pro Motherboard, Antec Freezer 7 Pro, Antec Three Hundred PC Case, Lite-ON DVD RW. Laptop Specs: Model HP Pavilion DV6174ea, Intel Core 2 Duo 5500 (1.66ghz), 2gb ram, Nvidia Geforce 7400 Go 256mb (128 dedicated, 128 turbocache), Wifi, DVD RW with lightscribe technology, and has a remote control as well!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #37
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

@brookfield, yes i kind of remember, not too well though. the past is irrelevant though

@webhead, no offence to brookfield but hes not the best on computers, yea he can use one and do the basics but i dont think he could build one, troubleshoot problems etc. i guess hes learned through using them and by looking through forums like this one, just like we all have
Old 08-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #38
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
Yeah I suppose age doesn't matter, just wondering (a bit of topic) how did you get into computers and learn how to use them since most today are brought up on how to use them whereas older people didn't have them when they were younger?
I got my first one after my wife died, it was a laptop, I traded it in for a desktop which a friend that runs a computer built for me three years ago, that's it really, when I was a teenager, computers took up four stories of a huge building, there were no pocket calculators, no CD players only record players, & portable radios were the size of a shoebox & weighed a ton!
Old 08-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #39
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_se View Post
@brookfield, yes i kind of remember, not too well though. the past is irrelevant though

@webhead, no offence to brookfield but hes not the best on computers, yea he can use one and do the basics but i dont think he could build one, troubleshoot problems etc. i guess hes learned through using them and by looking through forums like this one, just like we all have
He already knows, see post 38.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:29 PM   #40
In Runtime

Quote:
He already knows, see post 38.
Yep I do now. Even some 30 and 40 years olds don't know computers ether because they didn't have them when they were young or because they can't be assed to learn them!

@dude_se I just looked at you profile, so you're 17 too! Well I'l son be 18! YAY.

Right I better go back on topic, as of now the forums seem to be ok. That's a good thing!