We need a jokes section

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no valid arguments come out for creating a whole forum by this time next week, I'll go through the social lounge merging all the jokes into a single thread called "Jokes" and sticky that. (making that the half way point between a sub forum and a social lounge litterd with jokes threads).

Assuming nobody has any objections.
(I already know that peopole have objections cause they've already posted them in this thread).
so there you have it...

it's a do or die kind of thing

I'd say lets get somethign rolling then go off of that. We have to try something out first, see if it generates any success then go based off of that.

I say give the jokes thread a 3 month trial period. If it generates popularity then maybe discuss this issue again? If it doesn't, still leave the sticky up possibly. That's entirely up to you.

i don't really like the idea of a single jokes thread. Yes it would make locating funny things easier, but imagine in three months how long that will be. it will be harder to find specific jokes your looking for simply because of the many pages to look through.

I like being able to look through the forum to find specific jokes to see only the jokes i want to see and read, not teh crappy ones that i would have to sift through if it was all in one thread.

Just my oppinion.

root said:
Sorry, Raffaz, I didn't mean to incinuate that you didn't want it, just saying that yuo're one of the people who seem not fussed either way. there only seem to be a few people who are hardcore set on this acually happening.
No probs mate, TBH im not bothered either way like you say:) If it happens then fine, and if it doesnt then fine lol.

Im against having a single sticky thread tho, i just think it will end up like the member photos thread (maybe 1 or 2 pics per page). I know its easy to say we will have to leave the lols out etc, but if its a good joke then its the only way to show your appreciation. Im happy with things the way they are, but there isnt any way to keep everybody happy at the end of the day, is there? :)

Somehow I knew that when I made this thread it would become this....*sigh*

Nevermind, we don't need to laugh here at CF, just go other places and find jokes.

Tommy Boy said:
Somehow I knew that when I made this thread it would become this....*sigh*

Nevermind, we don't need to laugh here at CF, just go other places and find jokes.
Haha, okay.

After thinking about it and reading a bit more, I've changed my opinion to anti-forum too. I think a joke sticky would be sufficient too at this point. I just noticed another forum I've been actively visiting has a stickied joke thread in their Chit Chat section and it goes fine, even with people LOLing.

Raffaz said:
Im against having a single sticky thread tho, i just think it will end up like the member photos thread (maybe 1 or 2 pics per page). I know its easy to say we will have to leave the lols out etc, but if its a good joke then its the only way to show your appreciation. Im happy with things the way they are, but there isnt any way to keep everybody happy at the end of the day, is there? :)

Yeah i agree. We can't please everyone, which is why I asked for us all to come to some common ground on what we would like to see. I want to see jokes and be able to view funny material, how we view that is entirly up to the mods, but I think maybe a thread or some specific area is probably needed.

happy now?

a total forum for jokes is never going to happen.. too messy.. ive put a thread stuck on the first page of the social lounge for jokes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom