vBulletin Version

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
It seems that the version of vBulletin that Computer Forums is outdated? Maybe it should be upgraded to get more features and more security?

Just a suggestion. :cool:

Ahhh, im sure David has good reasons, theres been countless discussions about this, maybe if David sees this, he can make a sticky somewhere, explaining why he hasnt updated.

The site is secure enough I think, we've recently moved servers as well, none of us can be bothered with any more changes.

Yeah okay, I was just notifying the staff of this board in case for some reason they weren't aware of the new releases of vBulletin.

Upgrading vBulletin would not bring many changes to the software at all, that the end user would see but it would require more work of David including work done to the templates to fit to the updates.

The current version of vBulletin that CF uses doesn't have any major security leaks, and if it does, Jelsoft would've released a patch to install in case they didn't want to upgrade.

Your concern is appreciated all the same.. ;)

Okay, but usually keeping to date with the latest versions of software keep everything safe and secure. I was just wondering. ;) Thanks for the answer though...

Back
Top Bottom