Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-26-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
BSOD

Default vBulletin 4 discussion thread.

We can discuss the upgrade here.
I have a question...Will we loose any current features?

gmcrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #2
Wizard of Wires

Default Re: Vb 4

Any hacks, mods, and template edits will be incompatable with VB4.
As for the record David, VB4 doesn't have a wiki built in. It's a mod you can get from VB.org. VB4 is real complicated to get a handle on. I run it and while I think it's great, it has its PITA moments getting it to do what you want it to do.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
Site Team

Default Re: vBulletin 4 discussion thread.

I think we should have a thread dedicated to the upgrade, we have threads about how I don't care about CF, one about how the server is poor and another about the status of the server but not about the upgrade itself.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

What will the benefits be of the upgrade and are there any screen shots you can post here?

EDIT:

I've seen the screenshots.

Would you keep the same colour scheme?
Old 07-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
BSOD

Thanks David for keeping the thread, some members seem to throw there toys out of the pram...Now as I was asking what current hacks/mods are going to be lost?
Old 07-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJacker

What are you talking about hacks/mods going to be lost? everything will be basically the same with more features... As for the template.. Even if there isn't a template that has this color scheme that looks like this, out of all the people that use regulars at this site, I'm sure someone here is creative enough to make one that has this scheme. Theres nothing to worry about; just things new things to look forward too.
CrackerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to tom-knox

I wouldn't really want the look to change all that much, have lost interest in so many forums because the feeling aint right

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
Daemon Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJacker

Tom you might want to change your sig. The Google G1 is really out dated i've had it for like a yr and a half and I cant wait to get a new phone. Also, you think you would really interest in here if the whole style changes to the newer VB. This forum has looked the same way for years. Which is a good thing in way bc thats this forums style. If we keep the same colors and crap just will icons just changed around. I'm sure it wont be that bad... It might just take some getting use to at first.
CrackerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #9
Guru

I think the color scheme is definitely a must-keep, as well as the general form of our CF logo. It would be a good idea, however, to polish the logo; you know, make the image sharper.

[Get your insults out, I will hear quite a bit for this]

I was also hoping we could make some changes to the reputation system. As of now, I feel like it's backwards. One of the most important reputation is the one that the new users give you after you help them with a problem. Equally important is the reputation that a established member gives you for helping them with a real life problem, or maybe they think you've been doing a good job helping others. The reputation that's useless are the ones for a funny remark, or the ones that are given when you have a strong opinion that another person happens to agree with. I don't know exactly how the reputation system works (if you can disable it on certain forums or if you can set the amount of rep a person gives to you so its the same for everyone), but some changes to make it reflect the ability of a member to help others would make it much more valuable.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
BSOD

Quote:
I think the color scheme is definitely a must-keep, as well as the general form of our CF logo
Agreed.

Quote:
I don't know exactly how the reputation system works (if you can disable it on certain forums or if you can set the amount of rep a person gives to you so its the same for everyone)
Last time I was in an Administrator Panel within VB, you couldn't do this.