Various

Does anyone use the buddy list feature? I'm curious to know.

--

I noticed the FAQ section today (don't usually look at that bar). Is there a way we could alter what is written on that page? Or is it default to VB? I was thinking we could move all the key information regarding the forum to that area, and free up any random stuff that's spread out throughout the forum. (I think some of the mods may have already culminated the threads in a single location).

--

While I was waiting for the Social Lounge to load (I don't know whether it is me or the server), I realized how many spelling errors, lack of punctuation, and inconsistency exist on the description of each forum. Now, I'm not doubting David's English ability, I think he's very capable. However, I think it would be best if we could get these corrected.

Networking/DNS:
Discussion on TCP/IP LANs/WANs, the internet, DNS, switches and hubs. We would also like to hear of your experience with network related equipment and programs.

Security/Hacking:
Discussion on security issuses/hack attacks and security consulting. Please note that we can't actively promote or discuss hacking scripts with illegal intentions.

There were others with lack of periods at the end, inconsistent spaces around "/", among other little mistakes. That can be disregarded if you want to. I know I sound like a mother, but I'm just looking out for the professionalism of this site since it seems to be an important theme around here. If this is to no interest to you, please disregard. On the other hand, there is no rush to complete this.

I know I sound like a mother, but I'm just looking out for the professionalism of this site since it seems to be an important theme around here.
I agree - I brought the "illegal" one up a while back along with a couple of others that were corrected, but it's a simple, obvious fix and would be nice not to have spelling and grammar mistakes on the front page!

I agree too. I never really noticed the grammar mistakes but I like to spell words to the fullest. When people spell "U" instead of "You" It bugs me. I like to use correct punctuation as well.

The errors should be fixed.

Also on the point of the descriptions (and less of an issue and more of a preference) - but does anyone else think it'd be clearer just to list the languages in the programming sections rather than incorporate them into code? If it were me I'd far sooner just see a list such as Java, C, C++, PHP etc. rather than the "encoded" list there at the moment.

While I was waiting for the Social Lounge to load (I don't know whether it is me or the server)
off the point a bit, but it's been slow for me as well lately a lot of the time.

I actually like the way it is. It's very original.
Fair enough - it's probably just me!

While I was waiting for the Social Lounge to load (I don't know whether it is me or the server), I realized how many spelling errors, lack of punctuation, and inconsistency exist on the description of each forum. Now, I'm not doubting David's English ability, I think he's very capable. However, I think it would be best if we could get these corrected.

Networking/DNS:
Discussion on TCP/IP LANs/WANs, the internet, DNS, switches and hubs. We would also like to hear of your experience with network related equipment and programs.

Security/Hacking:
Discussion on security issuses/hack attacks and security consulting. Please note that we can't actively promote or discuss hacking scripts with illegal intentions.

There were others with lack of periods at the end, inconsistent spaces around "/", among other little mistakes. That can be disregarded if you want to. I know I sound like a mother, but I'm just looking out for the professionalism of this site since it seems to be an important theme around here. If this is to no interest to you, please disregard. On the other hand, there is no rush to complete this.
fyi, when used in this way Internet is a proper noun.

Just a hazard of correcting other people that you'll be able to be corrected yourself.

I completely agree, the spelling mistakes, in fact all the mistakes in those simple little sections really should be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom