User bars

no, but it's showing that his reasoning is pretty much bull.

And to be honest, "improving" is a matter of opinion here. Personally, I don't like the user bars. a simple text sig is fine enough. Heck, if i didn't need to check sig lengths, i would delete mine and disable sig viewing all together.

current members need more than just a forum

see I couldn't disagree with that more. A forum doesn't need to be the whole internet. I only come here to post and read other posts and get and give help for puter problems. There is a whole wide internet out there, if I want radio stations and downloads I will head to google. I do agree there could be a better review section and tutorials but that would be there to help out computer users and to be functional not as something thrown in to try and make this pace a super cool teenage shoppingmall hangout . I personally don't need a little coloured bar under my name providing a fashion statement so that people know i am a linux or AMD user.

I think signatures should at least allow the text to be bolded and centered. There should also be a place where people can post reviews and guides without allowing replies, only edits. If another member sees a mistake, use PM. I think that these changes could improve the forum. Other changes may be categorized luxury.

I actually like the idea of user bars as long as they're not too big. I think it would make the forum more appealing and better looking.

My point of view is that it makes the forum look untidy and unprofessional, but that asside the only way to allow user bars is to allow vb code in signatures and there is no way to automatically check a user bar size. So it comes down to the moderators to police this which puts alot more work load onto the staff

Back
Top Bottom