User bars

I've said this about custom avatars before and I'll say it for custom signatures. It's really not that hard to enforce. Set a forum wide rule on how big signatures can be and what content can be in it. If someone doesn't conform to those rules, warn them and tell them to fix it. If they don't fix it, change it for them. If they keep doing it, ban them for a day or something.

Seriously...it's really not a hard concept. All of these excuses of "oh it'll make everything look uggggly" just makes me think the admin and moderators just don't want to bother enforcing more rules and doing what is essentially their responsibility on this forum.

we definitely are in the dark ages, if you havent noticed
exactly ... im putting it nicely :p without being mean.

I've said this about custom avatars before and I'll say it for custom signatures. It's really not that hard to enforce. Set a forum wide rule on how big signatures can be and what content can be in it. If someone doesn't conform to those rules, warn them and tell them to fix it. If they don't fix it, change it for them. If they keep doing it, ban them for a day or something.

Seriously...it's really not a hard concept. All of these excuses of "oh it'll make everything look uggggly" just makes me think the admin and moderators just don't want to bother enforcing more rules and doing what is essentially their responsibility on this forum.
exactly. not even the likes of george have abused the avatar system. it works well. we have good enough mods here anyway.

No, it's not a hard concept at all.

except some people just don't get it.

which is why I've just spent about an hour going through everyone of a few certain members posts over the past few days to remove extra added HTML signatures that they've written at the bottom of their post.

if 'long term' members 'of good standing' don't even understand the rules that you can't put a signature at the bottom of every post rather than in the signature section just so that you can add HTML, then what hope do we have of enforcing new rules when they old ones can't even be followed.

No, it's not a hard concept at all.

except some people just don't get it.

which is why I've just spent about an hour going through everyone of a few certain members posts over the past few days to remove extra added HTML signatures that they've written at the bottom of their post.

if 'long term' members 'of good standing' don't even understand the rules that you can't put a signature at the bottom of every post rather than in the signature section just so that you can add HTML, then what hope do we have of enforcing new rules when they old ones can't even be followed.

Hm.

Who started doing that anyways?

Back
Top Bottom