Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #41
Fully Optimized
 
_-..zKiLLA..-_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,952
Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_
Default Re: User bars

we definitely are in the dark ages, if you havent noticed
__________________

__________________
My beast lappy: Acer netbook, 1.6ghz atom dual core, 2gb ddr3
My PSN: Kalikid_420
_-..zKiLLA..-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #42
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: User bars

I've said this about custom avatars before and I'll say it for custom signatures. It's really not that hard to enforce. Set a forum wide rule on how big signatures can be and what content can be in it. If someone doesn't conform to those rules, warn them and tell them to fix it. If they don't fix it, change it for them. If they keep doing it, ban them for a day or something.

Seriously...it's really not a hard concept. All of these excuses of "oh it'll make everything look uggggly" just makes me think the admin and moderators just don't want to bother enforcing more rules and doing what is essentially their responsibility on this forum.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #43
Golden Master
 
dude_se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 8,632
Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se
Default Re: User bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-..zKiLLA..-_ View Post
we definitely are in the dark ages, if you havent noticed
exactly ... im putting it nicely without being mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
I've said this about custom avatars before and I'll say it for custom signatures. It's really not that hard to enforce. Set a forum wide rule on how big signatures can be and what content can be in it. If someone doesn't conform to those rules, warn them and tell them to fix it. If they don't fix it, change it for them. If they keep doing it, ban them for a day or something.

Seriously...it's really not a hard concept. All of these excuses of "oh it'll make everything look uggggly" just makes me think the admin and moderators just don't want to bother enforcing more rules and doing what is essentially their responsibility on this forum.
exactly. not even the likes of george have abused the avatar system. it works well. we have good enough mods here anyway.
__________________
Laptop spec: ASUS X53E, i5 2430m 2.4ghz, 3gb ram, 320gb hdd, intel hd graphics, usb 3.0
dude_se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #44
Fully Optimized
 
_-..zKiLLA..-_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,952
Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_
Default Re: User bars

thats their commitment i think they can do it
__________________
My beast lappy: Acer netbook, 1.6ghz atom dual core, 2gb ddr3
My PSN: Kalikid_420
_-..zKiLLA..-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:01 AM   #45
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,003
Default Re: User bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
I've said this about custom avatars before and I'll say it for custom signatures. It's really not that hard to enforce. Set a forum wide rule on how big signatures can be and what content can be in it. If someone doesn't conform to those rules, warn them and tell them to fix it. If they don't fix it, change it for them. If they keep doing it, ban them for a day or something.

Seriously...it's really not a hard concept. All of these excuses of "oh it'll make everything look uggggly" just makes me think the admin and moderators just don't want to bother enforcing more rules and doing what is essentially their responsibility on this forum.

No, it's not a hard concept at all.

except some people just don't get it.

which is why I've just spent about an hour going through everyone of a few certain members posts over the past few days to remove extra added HTML signatures that they've written at the bottom of their post.

if 'long term' members 'of good standing' don't even understand the rules that you can't put a signature at the bottom of every post rather than in the signature section just so that you can add HTML, then what hope do we have of enforcing new rules when they old ones can't even be followed.
__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:37 AM   #46
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: User bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by root View Post
No, it's not a hard concept at all.

except some people just don't get it.

which is why I've just spent about an hour going through everyone of a few certain members posts over the past few days to remove extra added HTML signatures that they've written at the bottom of their post.

if 'long term' members 'of good standing' don't even understand the rules that you can't put a signature at the bottom of every post rather than in the signature section just so that you can add HTML, then what hope do we have of enforcing new rules when they old ones can't even be followed.
Hm.

Who started doing that anyways?
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:42 AM   #47
xxcobraxx
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England
Posts: 6,224
Default Re: User bars

my sig r0kz
__________________
Liveleaker
IAntDemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #48
Golden Master
 
Cabbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,912
Send a message via AIM to Cabbs
Default Re: User bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
Hm.

Who started doing that anyways?
Neodude. Rudster did it a while back if I remember correctly.
__________________
=Like anime? Come to AnimeAppeal.com!=
||DFI UT P35||Q9550@3400 Mhz||Geil 4GB RAM||Radeon 5770||
Cabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #49
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: User bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbs View Post
Neodude. Rudster did it a while back if I remember correctly.
Oh...I see.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:00 PM   #50
Omnipotent One
 
Atomic Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 11,161
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: User bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antdemo View Post
my sig r0kz
I wouldn't know. I have sigs turned off.
__________________

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0