User bars

To be Perfectly honest,

The custom avatars ARE a god for personal expression,but they are 65x65 so that limits what you can do with them.

The userbars would make the look messy aslong as you kept a limit as too how many userbars are allowed in a users sig

*Waiting to be flamed*

I don't see what the big deal is with user bars. It is just more flashy crap to have on the screen (IMO).

well being our avatars are really small its hard to express. i like my avatar but i think it would be cool to be allowed a single userbar to express ourselves a little more.

for instance this would be computer heads lol
ccna_bar.gif

or this could be someones
nvidia_2.gif

or this
techwiz.gif

just to name a few

Don't get me wrong I am not for or against it. If people only used one or two it probably wouldn't be that bad since they aren't that big anyway.

Well, IMO if we allowed these userbars we would have to allow any bbCode in the sigs, and there is no way we could restrict the sigs to have the user bars only. User bars use the IMG tag, and if we decide to use the user bars, IMG tags won't be able to be restricted to just those userbars (any picture will work). I don't think that user bars are too terribly messy. IMO though it could cause a mess from abuse of the open signature rules to accomodate these user bars.

Yeah but he could restrict the size of the images allowed in sigs and the amount of images.So you set the restriction of sizes to that same size that a userbar is.

Pretty much any forum you go to that allows images in sigs has a set limit on image size. For example, XS has a 500x100 px limit.

Back
Top Bottom