Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #11
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: Update Reputation Bars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon View Post
Would everyone prefer the default vbulletin ones?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
What do they look like? (do you have forum link that shows them or a picture?..I'm not familiar really...)
__________________

__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #12
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: Update Reputation Bars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
What do they look like? (do you have forum link that shows them or a picture?..I'm not familiar really...)
These are the vB ones:

__________________

__________________
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #13
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Update Reputation Bars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon View Post
Would everyone prefer the default vbulletin ones?
David,

I think not only does the look need to be updated, but also the amount of points you need for each. I'd say 200-300 per bar so it's not so clustered. Or maybe we could have them change colors at every 1,000 points.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #14
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: Update Reputation Bars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
David,

I think not only does the look need to be updated, but also the amount of points you need for each. I'd say 200-300 per bar so it's not so clustered. Or maybe we could have them change colors at every 1,000 points.
Okay, spell this out for me a little Joga:

Like first bar is green and goes to 2000 pts. with 10 bubbles (200pts/bubble)
At 2001pts, your bar rolls back to 1 bubble and turns to a new color for all bubbles.
At 4001pts, it does the same thing again.

Like that?
__________________
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz || GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 || Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 || EVGA GeForce GTX 480 || Samsung EVO 256GB SSD
my feet get cold and that gives me diarrhea sometimes - Smart_Guy
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #15
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Update Reputation Bars?

Yeah, something like that.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #16
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: Update Reputation Bars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Yeah, something like that.
I think that would be pretty spiffy

I'm thinking maybe we should knock it down to 10 bars (I don't get why there are 11 anyways..?...just how it worked out...?) and then with whatever we do, make sure that the members who are just at 10 or 11 bars get their full bar with the new system. Ya know? Cuz otherwise we might have people complain if you have 6 bars now, and with the new system they magically only have 3. And then anything after the first, apply the rule. Or, we could keep going in increments that we are now. They are 100pts/bubble till some level, then 200 after I think..which is kind of odd but...idk. We can figure that all out if we get this "passed".
__________________
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz || GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 || Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 || EVGA GeForce GTX 480 || Samsung EVO 256GB SSD
my feet get cold and that gives me diarrhea sometimes - Smart_Guy
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #17
Daemon Poster
 
dudelewis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 765
Default Re: Update Reputation Bars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
I think that would be pretty spiffy

I'm thinking maybe we should knock it down to 10 bars (I don't get why there are 11 anyways..?...just how it worked out...?) and then with whatever we do, make sure that the members who are just at 10 or 11 bars get their full bar with the new system. Ya know? Cuz otherwise we might have people complain if you have 6 bars now, and with the new system they magically only have 3. And then anything after the first, apply the rule. Or, we could keep going in increments that we are now. They are 100pts/bubble till some level, then 200 after I think..which is kind of odd but...idk. We can figure that all out if we get this "passed".
Like 100 points per bubble for first color tier, 200ppb for 2nd color tier, 300 for next, etc?
__________________
Athlon II x2 255 @ 3.1ghz | 4 gb ddr3 ram| 500+80 gb wd hd | Sapphire 5450 | Win7 | Hanns G 20"

Toshiba Satellite | Core2Duo @ 2.0 ghz | 3gb ram | 250 gb hd | lolintelgma | Ubuntu 10.04
dudelewis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #18
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Update Reputation Bars?

I think we need to do 200pts/bubble, 10 bubbles/color. Our current system is like the English measuring system...completely random. Let's make the switch to the metric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudelewis1 View Post
Like 100 points per bubble for first color tier, 200ppb for 2nd color tier, 300 for next, etc?
This could also work actually.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #19
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: Update Reputation Bars?

It's supposed to look like this. David replaced all the unique images with that single graphic.

__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #20
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Update Reputation Bars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudelewis1 View Post
Like 100 points per bubble for first color tier, 200ppb for 2nd color tier, 300 for next, etc?
I like this.
I just don't wanna lose any of my 4 bars, know what I'm sayin?
__________________

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0