trouble posting - apache timeouts

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
i tried about 7 times to make a post all throughout the day, but i would get that apache timeout error page after submitting the post each time. I would then try to post again, and it said duplicate thread,,,,but the thread never showed up. Each time, I was using a question mark next to the post. This last time, I didn't use the question mark, and the thread post went through. Just though I would mention this to see if anyone has similar problems today, and maybe the question mark thing would help troubleshoot it (don't know if it has anything to do with it or not).

Yeah i get that alot aswell, ive mentioned it before but nothing has happened. You just have to keep changing the title untill it works properly :)

Happens to me on a daily basis, it's nothing to worry about. Just copy and paste big posts!

Well that is interesting. Next time anyone gets a time out check to see if there is a question mark in the title and that would definately help to trouble shoot

David Lindon said:
Well that is interesting. Next time anyone gets a time out check to see if there is a question mark in the title and that would definately help to trouble shoot
Now that you said that I recall most of the threads I make with question marks get a timeout. I never thought of that until now!

David Lindon said:
Hmm... for the most part I get timeout with any type of threads regardless of whether or not they have question marks in them or not.

Back
Top Bottom