They're back..

Jordan Pardy said:
Yeah, but with costs of licensing and a dedicated server, donations might not be enough. In my case, when I ran my forum, even though I used shared hosting at $5 per month, I had to shut it down.

There weren't many impressions on the advertisements, meaning they were probably blocked, there hardly ever were clicks or anything. :(
don't forget that the forum software costs as well! and I'm fairly sure david has a dedicated server, (even though he shares it with his other sites)

Well, of course David has a dedicated server, to handle the amount of server load he recevies from all the guests and members sending connections to the SQL server to load the index page, memberlists, posts, profiles, messages, etc. etc. every second there's probably more than one guest browsing around, everytime you click something, whether its post quick reply, it sends your message to the server; or quote, it retreives the text box & emoticons from teh server, etc. etc.

If David was on shared hosting, the SQL server would crash by now. I doubt it, but its possible he's on a VPS. But then again; with all those sites, I highly doubt it.

But a dedicated server should be able to handle the load the site gets without showing maximum SQL/PHP execution time error messages. OH well.

To Nate: I'm using Opera and I see the ads, maybe you used the option to right-click on the page and block images from a certain server; for example the ad server. Otherwise it could be your hosts file blocking advertisements, which is another method people use.

setishock said:
I'm getting full page ads when I post here.
error-safe??? they've just started reappearing the last couple of days, has been good for a couple of weeks up until just recently

yea our st bernard filter is starting to block them saying the content is bad, i think david needs to check with the company's or something because it's starting to get out of hand

Jordan Pardy said:
Either that or you have Firefox or something with a popupblocker, Maurice, what browser do you run?
Internet Explorer, had it for eighhteen months, & wouldn't change :D

Back
Top Bottom