Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 04:56 AM   #31
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: stickies

Well I'll stand by my opinion.. don't do anything to the threads. Half of the links is a gross overstatement.

Old 05-25-2005, 05:09 AM   #32
Site Team

well yes. it was a bit of an over statement.
I thought it'd already been decided that the gallery stickies were staying, I mean we all know that they'll just be recreated a hundred more times if they aren't left...

I think the pruning seti was refering to would be things like after the first picture of your workstation there is a page and a half of conversation before the next picture, and it might be nicer in the gallery just to see pictures?

I'm glad to see a lot of the other stickies are gone, simply because I don't think anybody reads them anyway before posting a question. for a lot of people bythe time tey get around to posting a question they've already spent most of a day searching on google, so another search is just adding to the frustration.

thos that havn't spent half the day searching for the answer to their own problem are not going to spend five minutes reading a general thread before posting.

Old 05-25-2005, 05:50 AM   #33
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
I think they should be left alone.

Hey wombat... news flash.. you have nothing to do with this. This isn't of your concern. You're a noob, and you're already telling me how to post. Get off my back and stop following me around. You don't have the slightest idea what is going on here.
Why are you worried about me...?
Old 05-25-2005, 06:28 AM   #34
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to jay8990

Quote:
It doesn't matter what you think setis. David OKed them to stay therefore they are staying. I will contact him again if there is another push for its removal by irresponsible moderators... Kage especially. Kage should be removed immmediately from moderatorship.
cheap shot
Old 05-25-2005, 08:34 AM   #35
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

Quote:
It doesn't matter what you think setis. David OKed them to stay therefore they are staying. I will contact him again if there is another push for its removal by irresponsible moderators... Kage especially. Kage should be removed immmediately from moderatorship.
kage? hes one of the best members here, hes definatley one of the most usefull members, and if he was a bad mod, then david would have removed him. if youve got a problem with it, then leave this forum.....

and i still say that they shouldnt be stickied, if they were being posted in, then they would be bought to the top all the time, but it would give the other threads from people wanting help a better chance to been seen...

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
Old 05-25-2005, 09:29 AM   #36
Site Team

they aren't really the sort of thread that people post in all the time... I mean you don't get a new case or a new workstation everyday and need to advertise it on a forum do you?
Old 05-25-2005, 11:58 AM   #37
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
kage? hes one of the best members here, hes definatley one of the most usefull members, and if he was a bad mod, then david would have removed him. if youve got a problem with it, then leave this forum.....

and i still say that they shouldnt be stickied, if they were being posted in, then they would be bought to the top all the time, but it would give the other threads from people wanting help a better chance to been seen...
Here we go with the great disinformation. I'm not leaving anywhere. And yes he is a bad mod for what he tried to do.

I say they should be stickied because it will reduce the amount of threads being opened. It would be unwise to unsticky them. They are useful threads too.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:58 PM   #38
Site Team

Time out