start over?

if you do redo it get Version 3.6.7 hascet has it and its awesome.

lots of tools you mods have...im scared now...

I don't see that as an option, I understand from David that doing that isn't as simple as it sounds, feasable with a home computer, but CF's must have a huge memory capacity, storing possibly half a million or more items, it's virtually impossible to do logistically, take mine for example, AVG searches around 54,000 items & that's peanuts compared with some members PC's, perhaps members would like to tell us how many they have, how many do you?

um.. yeah.. that has nothing to do with anything really..

wiping the database wouldnt work at all, that would mean 5 odd years of growth and info wasted..

I have to strongly agree w/ the above ^^

wiping three to four years of threads is ot the answer, tons of guests swing by the site and still use the old threads if not archives for reference to solving their comp. probs..

besides a forum takes time to grow, and it's nice to look back to compare how far it's come along... :p

-edit-
also this is just not a computer web site for fixing yer puter, but we're also a cyber community where you can come and hang out with friends.

Tons of guests swing by the site and still use the old threads if not archives for reference to solving their comp. probs..
As for this, it's real pain when it's reported to go there & tell them that they can't post there & explain why, & it's a waste of time telling them that it's in the rules because most of them don't read them, they have to tick a box when they join as we all do to say they have read them & will abide by them, the other alternative is to ignore it but then then they squeal, "why hasn't my post been answered" & lo & behold, you're back at the beginning again!!, there is no easy solution to it, I wish there was, it was said that they'd be auto-locked after a certain time, but in my experience it never happens, what is really needed is some software to make it impossible to post in those.

as long as the db and stuff is backed up i dont see the harm in trying a new server/trying to get someone to have a closer look at what the problem is

Back
Top Bottom