Spammers?

gmcrepair

BSOD
I created a thread entitled " ghij074" Can a moderator rename it to "Spammers" ,then make it a sticky and then us members update each time we see a spammer?
*Please delete my thread identical, that I accidentally put in Communications etc*

Re: Sticky : Spammers?

That's really not necessary. When you see spam, Report it via the button. Secondly, Look down at the Who's Online bar and see if there are any BOLD names, If there are, Shoot them a PM with link to the spam..Joga has been real good with shooting me PMs on that stuff and it gets removed much faster. However, If noone is online, Just report it and we'll check our Emails before we get back on the computers usually. Otherwise I know most of us scan each forum when we do drop in.

Well I did look for moderators but there haven't been any online apart from "celegorm" who didn't do anything.

Just report it and move on. No need to make a huge fuss just because it doesn't get removed immediately.

Well I did look for moderators but there haven't been any online apart from "celegorm" who didn't do anything.

Just an fyi, we still show up as online for up to 30 minutes after we have left our computers.

My rule of thumb for spam is if the email doesn't come up in outlook, and I don't see it on a quick visit (I'm not always on for more than five minutes) it doesn't exist. I have it set so all members can email me just by clicking a link in my profile.

Back
Top Bottom