Social Lounge - No post count?

~K-Pow~ said:
Post count is just a number. Who cares really, as long as your helping people post count means nothing.

Well some don't think of it like that. :p

Nik00117 said:
I mean let the post count be what it is. Most members over 2,000 posts granted may have a large ammount of posts in the socila lounge but they do know their "shit" by now. ANd Arriz I know your a total post whore. You got nearly 10k posts. You've been here a month longer then me as well.

Don't disable the feature its not needed. A post count shouldn't tell how knowledge about PCs, but how long you've been in the community, and how much exp you have in the community.

Lol im sorry, but I cant think of anything scarcastic at the moment.

but you see, the classifieds on OCF are a big thing. And personally, i think that OCF is a much bigger forum than this one. They say no post count because you need 100 posts to access the classifieds, and boy oh boy, do you get some nice deals in there. Alvin knows what I'm talking about ;).

This is a subject that can go both way's...since you can't please both sides, i'd say leave it as is.Mods do know who are post whores & who are helping other's.

Plus, many post in social with problems and get help, why shouldnt those be counted?

If you were to make a "spam section" then you could not count that, but i dont think that would be a good idea on this site.

Yeah, it's like that in another forum I've seen too.

This is a community, not just a computer site, thats why we have a social lounge section and posts in there should count because it's part of the community.

Yeah, I agree. Posts in the social lounge should count... I know this probably would be impossible but maybe to have a post count just for the other forums and then under it another post counter for the social lounge... erm.. nevermind, that would probably be too weird.

I'm all for getting rid of post counts all together!! and just having reputation...

I much prefere reputation, because it's a measure of how helpful people have been or how goo their ideas are. and you can only get positive rep by being a good member, I mean I've seen many spammers come here and try to post 100 messages before they are banned, but no spammer has ever come here trying to get 100 rep points before they are banned!

Back
Top Bottom