Social Lounge - No post count?

alvino

Golden Master
I was skimming OCForums the other day, and I just noticed that the Discussions Section with the Community, Forum Feedback, Cyber Deals & Vendor Discussion sections didn't have post count. Why? Because post whores tend to reside there.

http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116

This is purely a suggestion, but making the Social Lounge with post count disabled could divert more attention to the other sections, instead of having some people just hang out there all the time. I'm sure some of us would appreciate the diversity, instead of seeing the Social Lounge have double the threads of the General Hardware & Software section.

Any comments or additional brainstorms on the idea?

Im all for it, I enjoy the social lounge, but no one really should get a post for posting in there. We usually just fool around, and post pointless things..I think it would be a cool thing, I would still post in there..But im sure everyone has their own opinions, but you have my vote..Im not saying everyone is a post whore in the lounge, but when those random threads come along, for example count to 100000, and the same person keeps posting every other number...And the three word game.

MarxSoccer said:
No need to do that, just find the post whores and put an end to it

I wish we could ban people just for that :D

but then again, ima post whore.. so eh :p

Anyways... "If it aint broke, dont fix it" is the feeling in the staff lounge about that.

I dont care either way.

I mean let the post count be what it is. Most members over 2,000 posts granted may have a large ammount of posts in the socila lounge but they do know their "shit" by now. ANd Arriz I know your a total post whore. You got nearly 10k posts. You've been here a month longer then me as well.

Don't disable the feature its not needed. A post count shouldn't tell how knowledge about PCs, but how long you've been in the community, and how much exp you have in the community.

Post count is just a number. Who cares really, as long as your helping people post count means nothing.

Yeah, thats true.

The reputation is starting off another war now though :p

I tihnk keeping it as it is is the best option, as this has been asked for before.
If I see anyone posting over and over on the same topic thats not relating to anything, I will PM them.

Back
Top Bottom