Site Merger with Techist

As I said before I am looking forward to the merger of the two sites. If it will help our communities grow...then i'm all for it.

The gears are beginning to move on the merger. Right now we are trying to work out a few details, like the differences in signatures, the differences in usergroups, and how the forum layout of the site will change (what will merge with what and what the final order will be). I am not sure if they have figured out about merging memberships as some are registered on both sites and we have some overlap of usernames between here and there.

Once these are all settled then the team can get to work and make some magic happen

As long as they are working on an off line back up of both forums. I do a lot of testing on my private server for my website. If it doesn't work out my live site is undamaged.

As long as they are working on an off line back up of both forums. I do a lot of testing on my private server for my website. If it doesn't work out my live site is undamaged.

That's the plan, seti. I don't look for it to happen quickly but at least it has begun to move.

Hi I have been a member for 62 days. Been waiting for the merger all that time. Don't know what all this involves, but evidently it's a long process. How long has this merger been in the process?? I'm posting on both forums and aggravating the staff with my pushy attitude. I'm just hoping the different personalities can come together and we become one big family. Some times I feel good about that and some times I have my doubts. Not many members crossing over and posting on both forums.
That is a concern I have about the merger. I just don't see how feelings and toes don't get stepped on, but what do I know. Celery tells me I worry to much and he is probably right. One thing about it, I can move on if I don't like it.
I like CF and it is my favorite forum. It's going to be a change for all forum members and may be a little tough for awhile. My friends call me the piece maker. Some help forums call me a trouble maker. I just move on and shake the dust from my boots! LOL. EGO's are a very big problem on help forums. At first I didn't see EGO problems, but lately I've seen some showing and that will be a big problem for the merger.
That's my 2 cents and my thoughts for this Saturday night. Good night friends!
Gary!!

Last edited:
Something's up at Techist.

attachment.php

Hi seti! I have been getting that every night. I'm glad to see you are getting the 503 error message that I've been getting.
I just got one. Lasted for 5 minutes and then every thing was OK.
Now I know it's not just me!
Thanks! Gary!

Hi I have been a member for 62 days. Been waiting for the merger all that time. Don't know what all this involves, but evidently it's a long process. How long has this merger been in the process?? I'm posting on both forums and aggravating the staff with my pushy attitude.

Mate you need to take a chill pill.

Back
Top Bottom