Since more people are getting on board...

I agree with all of Lowndsey's suggestions. In fact, I'd take it one step further and make it so you get 1 rep point regardless of post count, join date, and current reputation (this is what seems to be determining how many rep points you give). This will truly help determine who's more helpful than those who aren't. Because, honestly, there's some people who go around posting random and useless stuff. I understand that they're trying to help, but sometimes it just doesn't help at all.

I would 100% hide post count seeing as it just leads to spamming for "Guru" status, despite the fact that Guru is a deceiving word considering that most people here with that status are less than fucking clueless.

Not just in the Social Lounge, disable post count entirely and have a serious rethink of the ranks. 1000 posts = Guru, then what? You'll still be a Guru with 100 000.

Although I said all of this back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and it went unnoticed and ignored then, but now even less so.

I don't mind my post count taken away. Makes me look like I spam.

it does. then we also get rid of the "xxxx posts" threads.

I kinda like the thanking system. Maybe that could work in everything but the social lounge? Because if a noob thanks me I get rep from it, but if they give me rep it doesn't work. And I think all people give the same rep through that system.

High post count doesn't mean you're spamming or anything....I think we should keep it, because that's a main part of a forum, yeah sure you'll get 1 or 2 spammers but honestly, it makes them look dumb, not you.

See, currently we have a processor section, but its rare it gets use. I see more generally split sections being better, because that's less stuff in the DB, and then we don't have people feeling left out after posting their server question in the server forum and it doesn't get answered.

i don't think very many people look there. i know if i had a processor question i would put it in general hardware just because it would be seen and my question would get answered. so the processor subfamily isn't really necessary

and i would definitely donate for formatting!

Back
Top Bottom