Signature

Half Evil

Golden Master
Okay this is how I am viewing it.

I want to put more in my sig but I cant - we can only go vertically. And I dont want to make my sig a giant paragraph.

So you (hopefully can/will) do one of two things.

• Make the font smaller
  • Give us 'left', 'center', 'right' formatting

There is also the option of 6/7 lines.

But smaller fonts (one step smaller then the normal posting font) or let us choose the option to stick it in the center or the right.

Because I want to have to do this..

1991 190E Benz Driver......................................................................Wanting to buy an Xterra
Sean Paul - The Trinity; BUY IT! AMAZING CD!! .............................................Every song is good on this one!
3.5'' Infinity Reference in the front; 4''' Alpine Type S in the Back .......................Wanting 6.5'' Focal in the rear door
Single 12'' JL in the trunk with sealed box.....................................................Upgrading to a 13'' Focal Sub
320W JBL Speaker Amp; JBL Monoblock sub 300W Amp

I put it like that, because thats what we have to do to get it to the other side of the sig. It looks pretty crappy.

This isnt an outragious proposal like allowing html or image tags in out sig. Just simple wanting a bit more room.

I like the center idea, overall, looks like a good idea, seems like a reasonable cause..Got my vote..Ohh ya got ur system, thats wassup.

(size=1) ... sig ... (/size) (can't use the real tags in here as it affects the post) would be my call, that way there are no size 5 sigs, lmao. I have raised the point of text formatting being disabled in sigs before, with no result.

I'll give you my vote for text/ alignment formatting in sigs mate. ;) :D though there is a certain mod (and you know who you are) who doesn't appreciate the fact that resolution of the monitor affects the way sigs are displayed with regard to the number of lines used. Hopefully 1280 x 1024 would be considered standard in this regard.

+1

I like the idea I guess, I would like to be able to left,Center,right my font

If that happens then I will delete the doom and sniper stuff and just have my pc specs

Deathstar said:
(size=1) ... sig ... (/size) (can't use the real tags in here as it affects the post) would be my call, that way there are no size 5 sigs, lmao. I have raised the point of text formatting being disabled in sigs before, with no result.

I'll give you my vote for text/ alignment formatting in sigs mate. ;) :D though there is a certain mod (and you know who you are) who doesn't appreciate the fact that resolution of the monitor affects the way sigs are displayed with regard to the number of lines used. Hopefully 1280 x 1024 would be considered standard in this regard.

+1

Well im not looking for formatting. No colors and bold/underline/italiszie etc. Just left right center options and a standard small font, not our choice font.

Yeah, I think the default font size of the signature should be brought down a bit. Looks a bit better if you ask me. The current size seems too...intrusive. It's so big and it just sticks out.

Haha, yeah. I already formatted and took out some stuff to meet the size standards.

ArrizX said:
Well im not looking for formatting. No colors and bold/underline/italiszie etc. Just left right center options and a standard small font, not our choice font.
I can go with that, sig size = 1 left/centre/right

Basic and standardised

:D

there is no left and right align properties for the signature that can be set...

I agree that the size attribute would be a good one... however, I think that the sig size should be automatically set to a smaller size, rather than allowing people to select whatever size they like...

The trouble as i see it is this.
people are encouraged to write their system specs in their sig so that they can tell people about their system (especially useful if they are asking for help). yet they are also told that their sig must not exceed a certain size... sometimes these things can't possibly work together...

we need to be able to put more charecters in, but there does still need to be limits,
I know that in PHPBB you can restrict signature sizes to a certain amount of charecters, surely it's possible to do this in Vbulletin, that way we could see how many charecters fill up the five lines and not let people write more than that.

whilst I agree that 1280 x 1024 is becoming something of a new standard for monitors, (it's the native resolution of most LCDs now).
not everyone uses this, I work in IT support and I've say more than half of the people that I see on a daily basis don't use a resolution that is this big, (one person I see actually still uses 600x800).

the limit/standard was arbitrarily set at 1024x768
you have to bear in mind that the largest part of this forum is the help section, (most posts, most views). there will be people who caome to this forum looking for help who may be forced to use godawful resolutions, like 640x480 if they are in safe mode with graphics driver problems!

Back
Top Bottom