shout box

yeha but like i said it takes up forum space and also i use to be admin, mod, and as we called it super mod. so i know that its hard to keep an eye on all of those threads when about 20 or morer are made in one section a day. you know what i mean

abuse, flames, spam, swearing, posting inappropriate links.

shoutboxes are instant, and unmoderatable,

it's bad enough when a spammer comes and starts pushing their adverts onto the forum already, without the option for them to come and post them in a box that we can't remove comments from...

also, personally, I don't like shoutboxes, other than just allow disorganised conversation there is very little that they actually add to the forum,
I mean that whol point of a shoutbox is just for saying stuff like, "hello", "this site rocks/sucks/rules/blows", "happy christmas" etc...

if anyone wants to say that then they could always start a thread.

More trouble than its worth IMO, as Root says with spamming etc. And another point, in the forums, everything is documented etc. So if ya helped someone in the shoutbox, and someone else had a similar problem at another time, they wouldnt be to look it up.

It's been suggested before, actually I suggested it myself back when I first came here, but I do agree now that it is a bad idea. While comments can be edited and deleted by moderators just like posts, it really does take away from the forum and just waste space on the server with stuff like "hey" "sup" "shout" etc.

ok well at least i was trying to give a suggestion. it doesnt bother me that you all said no but i still had to add my two cents into it. but at least you guys gave me some reasons why we dont need it on here

I think it would be cool, but I could see many thing happening that would ruin it for everyone.

yeah i get what you guys are saying because we had someone that used to do that and we ended up having to reban him over and over. so yeah i get all of your meanings

If you want to even have the idea considered, put this in a presentable way so that David can at least get an idea without having to read through all that flaming and crap.

Personally I think it's not a good idea. It's instant and moderators can't do anything. Takes up server resources and is an easy place for spammers to blast their crap there.

although this can go both way's, it would be a very cool idea...but as all said above, you know some spammer will ruin it all for everyone. and the mods would have to clean up the mess. i think we'll just use the PM system for a shout out for now...just my two.;)

Back
Top Bottom