Should we start "Member of the month" again?

I think members, not guests, should name who they want for Member of the Month. For example, a mod will create a post in the Social Lounge or a dedicated Member of the Month subforum only for that purpose (you know, like the General Electrical section, Programming section, Network section, etc., but we will have a Member of the Month section all by itself). In that post, the mod will ask, "Ok, it is that time of month again for nominees". Members reply with who they want for Member of the Month. That's it. Member with the most votes win.

If guests can vote, you can have David change that easily. ;)
If I see a poll, I'll check it myself but other than that..

We'll see how this goes and if it goes well, this would be an awesome thing to have.. ;)

Yeah, but not enough people are pm'ing arrizx on who they think should be last months winner. Come one people!!!!!!!

I feel we should not include guests. Bad idea. If they want to vote, they should be members. David will like this. It forces people to sign up as members, hehe. Guests don't know who the members are so it's not fair having them vote. Members are the ones that have voice on here. If people are interested enough to notice Member of the Month and want to post interesting topics, they can sign up.

No, but if you're an admin of a forum, one of the main goal is to keep getting more and more members. I'm sure that's what he likes. I would if I were to start my own forum or have my own website. The more members, the better.

I voted against it, I agree, it sounds good idea on the face of it, but I think that it's too gimmicky, with members patting each other on the back, & if formed, it should be named T.C.S.A.S. [The CF Self Admiration Society]

Back
Top Bottom