Seems... Spammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
berry120 (and the Site Team) -- thanks for the response.

One way to spot it is to look at past posts. Some of the shills got 100+ post counts, so they are easy to spot. They would vouch for a different post per post, yet seem to still be on the hunt of good host (for other shills to reply to their requests).

WHT's method of preventing this is to ask for proof of use for all forms of review. This is a good method so far, but they have a huge team, with a user base very good at spotting this sort of thing. Reviews include a length of use, which is good for readers to evaluate how worthwhile the review is by its own merit. These shills have been shilling for hosts in the count of hundreds. I doubt they will be able to provide proof of having purchased accounts from all these hosts.

It's a good idea, having that advertising forum; it allows for all that crap (and sometimes useful stuff?) to be filtered out, and as Berry said, it doesn't affect the whole site.

I have my reservations about CF, but generally I like it and there are some people here who do know what they're talking about. I don't think CF has some sort of prerequisite to be a computer expert, or an expert on the English language.

Darkseeker! Finally a name I recognize!

And yeah, I know about the changes, I was here during the changing of hands.

Still a pity that a decent board is getting junked up with all this rubbish.

Too many items under one roof. The website review and hosting trash are in the same section. They should be separate. But my recent post about that got the usual rhetoric about it was on the list of to do's. Nothing yet. Probably won't...

Too many items under one roof. The website review and hosting trash are in the same section. They should be separate. But my recent post about that got the usual rhetoric about it was on the list of to do's. Nothing yet. Probably won't...

Actually, I've spent quite a while already clearing out some of the advertising mess from both those sections. Haven't got the time to sit down and do it all in one sitting, but it is being worked on.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom