RSS Feeds

GlasseyeUK

Daemon Poster
Having recently tapped into the usefulness of RSS feeds would it be possible to have one for CF, which automatically showed the most recent posts in a RSS feed.

It would be quite handy way of keeping up to date with new posts in the forum.

RSS feeds are a feed to a reader which you can obtain as an independent program or as a plug in extension, for example I use Sage in firefox.

It stands for Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication depending on the version of the feed. A lot of websites especially the news sites, and also some forums are using it to notify when it is updated, and it then provides a link to the website.

For example in this case you would have the RSS reader and it would show when the forum is updated, i.e. when someone has created a new thread or posted to an existing thread.

Its a really hand utility for example I have RSS for the BBC News site, World cup site, and a couple of others.

Check Wikipedia for more information

RSS feeds - Wikipedia

that would be sick, in a good way! it will never happen... nothing new ever happens here.

I think that having RSS feeds would be a fairly awesome idea. aside from anything else I could see what's going no it the forums from my mail client at work ( a lot more discrete!)

root said:
No, I seem to be getting a blank page.
that is what i meant by broke... should have worded it different...
root said:
I think that having RSS feeds would be a fairly awesome idea. aside from anything else I could see what's going no it the forums from my mail client at work ( a lot more discrete!)
Yeah... I PMed this idea/ and a possible fix to david, but no repsonse, can you bring this up in the Staff lounge?

Back
Top Bottom