a request to mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well usually u don't need to explain why some thread was closed (like spam and stuff) but ofcourse if u think that u need to tell why the thread was closed then I have nothing against u doing so. But other posts in a locked thread (like commenting in a reply made) is something I don't like, since we can't reply anymore. A closed thread means that the discussion is over, so IMO no one should continue posting once the thread is closed. (excluding the times when u tell why u closed the thread)

i totally agree w/the that, infact David does'nt like it when reply's are continued in a locked thread cause it keeps at the top of the page. i do agree w/the reason the thread was locked because some do deserve a reason for the lock, but if it's a spammer..there won't be a reason.

Yeah, the post wasn't editd, just the .. was originally post and like dev / G35x said, he can't respond if the thread is closed.

G35x said:
Well, brook, you mind stop doing this? John cant awnser you, and if you really knew what you were talking about (which you dont) you would notice there is no edit under his post, therefor that his post...and when someone says "..." there just making fun of the post before...

http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=43080&page=2
Please get out of my face, I know I post after threads are closed, & I know that this is frowned upon, but there is no rule against it, have a good look at root's post, [33] I realise it doesn't exhonourate me, root is totally unbiased, he tells me like it is, but although he too doesn't like me doing it, he sort of understands, [hope he doesn't mind me saying this] so, to parody your words, please stop doing this, I don't wan't a war of words, I'm happy that David is behind me, as regards my contribution to the to the well-being & safety of this site, [he's said as much on open forums] if he tells me to stop posting in closed forums I will, oh, & I object to you saying that I don't know what I'm talking about, no doubt you know my age, & are thinking "old fool", my body isn't too good now, but I still have a sharp mind, members are rallying round me now, I'm getting quite a few pos rep points now, & whether you like the points system or not, they didn't have to do that, most of them say that the harassment I've been getting is not deserved, but I don't expect that to make any difference to you, you are apparently doing this just for the hell of it.

I think that the rep has nothing to do with the fact that you are posting in locked threads.

All things aside, David doesnt like it when we do it, and we, yes WE, not YOU... WE need to stop.

I have a nasty habit of it too.

ArrizX said:
I think that the rep has nothing to do with the fact that you are posting in locked threads.

All things aside, David doesnt like it when we do it, and we, yes WE, not YOU... WE need to stop.

I have a nasty habit of it too.
No, I know my increase in pos rep points hasn't anything to do with the matter in hand, I was just trying to get it over to him that not everyone was like him, you have to a admit he was very aggressive, & rude?

I like your admission that you "have a nasty habit of it too", that's good, like old times :D *sigh*

Funny how you make points about the total opposite, when I bring another matter up...You know what your talking about? Please, go help a few people in the general section then... :p

G35x...
being on a forum doesn't necessarily mean that you have to contribute to everypart of that forum...

I don't think I've ever posted in some sections of this forum, that doesn't make me any lesser of a member.

I'm going to say three things now...

Firstly, yes, all mods (and admin) have posted in this thread, we all realise that it's a bore that you can't reply to locked threads, and it is just bad that the mods continue to post, knowing full well when a thread is locked, (though as I said before it's not always obvious).

Secondly, there does appear to be something wrong with the avatars, and peoples change every now and then, however, I don't think there needs to be an inquisitian every time someone changes their avatar.
I don't mean this offensivly and don't take it the wrong way, it's your poragitive to do this if you like, but... not everybody makes a thread to let people know they've changed their avatar. like I say don't take it the wrong way, different people have different styles.

Thirdly, this thread has decended into complete chos,
therefor I'm going to lock it, I can't see anything useful coming out of it's continuation, (I posted this before the lock does it still count).

and I only made this post to let you know who locked it, why it was locked, and to assure you that we [the moderators] had gotten the message loud and clear.

if anyone has anything else to say I suggest that you take it to PM.

(given the nature (subject/theme) of this thread, I also suggest that any moderators who have a further comment just keep it to themselves).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom