Reputation system up and running.

That should read "up & creating potential problems", as you can see by my present sig, I've had serious second thoughts about the value of the new system, firstly, who went through all the many many members, including every one on the members list, deciding who gets what?, bearing in mind, that only a small amount of members on that list ever post, if it was not done manually, how is that fair?

I can see trouble brewing among those graded -1 to -3, no doubt the aim is to shame these individuals into bettering themselves, whereas this just may annoy them, to the extent that they think well s*d it, if that's what admin think, let's give them something to think about!

I know, I know, there'll be a lot of "oh no, the old guy's off again", but this is a diplomatically run organisation, & freedom of speech is one of it's main principles, sorry David, as you know I usually support you 99%, but not on this occasion, my new sig says it all.

Brookfield, I see your point and it is a very valid one but the way the system works in that you get + points for posting and how many days you have been on here it will be exteremely difficult to go into - points (anyone who does should probably be banned because of the amount of - feedback required to do so). That is why I've only created 3 negative categories, the system is more aimed at complimenting each other and being polite.

Ofcourse we will still have to wait and see, if there are problems in the future we can decide if it stays or not.

dude1234 said:
i was an aura of something on the rep thing now im something else which is at number 6. ive gone from 3 to 6 in a few rep points. is the list of levels in order?

Yes the levels are in order. Because you get points for the number of posts and how long you have been here, it is possible that there was a batch process that ran last night which worked this out and added it to your profile

David Lindon said:
Brookfield, I see your point and it is a very valid one but the way the system works in that you get + points for posting and how many days you have been on here it will be exteremely difficult to go into - points (anyone who does should probably be banned because of the amount of - feedback required to do so). That is why I've only created 3 negative categories, the system is more aimed at complimenting each other and being polite.

Of course we will still have to wait and see, if there are problems in the future we can decide if it stays or not.
Thank you for coming forward in response to my post, & understanding that it wasn't personal, I will wait & see if it works out, still sticking to my present opinion, & keeping my new sig for now, can I add that I appreciate the fact that you are willing to revise later, if it is necessary.

I think it's a little harsh that the mods that are here every day, sorting out trouble, and getting stick for it at the same time, have the same level as a regular joe. Myself and alot of other people have the same level as moderators, which I find a bit..harsh.

Maybe you could add another level just for moderators?

i think the levels show how helpful other people think they are. you leave people rep points when you feel they have helped you. i believe that not many people have been using this system but if we all start to use it properly then all the mods will get the levels they deserve

Let me ask you, why are moderators, moderators?

Because, they stood out to David, as being an asset to the forum, they stood out as not being a regular member. So, they must of helped alot of people throughout the past, and have been an all over good member.

So, my opnion still stands, they should have a special, or a higher level rank.

and if they are so/ special they will earn one of the higher ranks on the scale. i do kinda see your point though..

Back
Top Bottom