Repuation review

It doesnt, for them.

See, here it is.

Mr Mixx say's :

Edited : "You should no better than to show confidental material.".

>.< i kno i just go 2 new posts and subscribed threads for the most part unless i post a thread. even so if it's there i'll give myself a slap on the forehead :p

MooseMan said:
well i've got same as u distortion :p i like getting points, it's nice and makes u feel all warm and fuzzy inside :) lol

lol yes it does

i'm glad that many member's are getting rep the correct way, but if your just giving out rep just to give it out...Then, the ones who work for their's are in vain it seems. As long as your not abusing the rep system, then you have nothing to worry about.

i just responded to another related thread with my view on the rep system, but thought i would add my comments here as this thread specifically asks for your view on it....so here it is:

i think the whole rep system is not good. you have people like whoever left a bad mark on one of my posts and their comment was "pointless". it was a thread in the website comments and feedback area reporting a problem the site was having on a particular day. there is no check and balance system for people leaving you bad rep points....someone who doesn't like you, or is just doing it to be an ass, can go around trashing everyones rep.

thebigdintx said:
i just responded to another related thread with my view on the rep system, but thought i would add my comments here as this thread specifically asks for your view on it....so here it is:

i think the whole rep system is not good. you have people like whoever left a bad mark on one of my posts and their comment was "pointless". it was a thread in the website comments and feedback area reporting a problem the site was having on a particular day. there is no check and balance system for people leaving you bad rep points....someone who doesn't like you, or is just doing it to be an ass, can go around trashing everyones rep.
that is a good point.....although i don't know how we will go with it....unless one or a group of the mods want 2 have 2 check the rep points, which if thats possible, probably wouldn't b too much of a job anyway because rep points arn't given that often...

that is a good point, I've gotten negative rep in this way before, and it is somewhat annoying, but I'm afraid that sometimes people deserve negative rep, and short of moderating all rep points awarded there is nothing really that can be done about it.

I have a problem with the rep system, in short it won't let me award rep points to some users as I have awarded rep points to them in the near past,

I can understand that it has to be that one person cannot rep their friends too much, but I'm in a rather strange position of awarding rep points to what I consider good answers to questions that I have not asked, it's a way of awarding those members who are helpful (and who are helping to build a strong community), (regardless of whether they are my 'friends' or not) however, there just plain doesn't seem to be enough of those people! hence there are a handful of users who should be getting a rep point for being helpful to others, (or just generally insightful) that just arn't getting rep points because (in my eyes) they've been just too good (i.e I've awarded them a rep point in the past).

Back
Top Bottom