Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #21
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,999
Default Re: Repuation review

if you click to rate someones post you will see that there is only the optoin to either give good or bad reputation, there is no option t ogive netral rep points.

if the rep on the post is even then you must have recieved a good rep and a bad rep point.
__________________

__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #22
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Repuation review

I went to the members list to find someone, while I was there, I idly looked at some members & a lot who had never posted had rep points, like [2] "User will become famous soon enough" & [3] "User has a spectacular aura about", they should have [1] "User is on a distiguished road" also there are members that joined today with points, whereas they should be on [0] "User is an unknown quantity at this point, the list incorporates all 11,000 odd members, I couldn't go through the lot, it would take ages.

All this, is, I suspect, typo errors, or more likely it was carried out by an auto process, it couldn't have been done manually, due to the sheer quantity.
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:49 PM   #23
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Repuation review

The only problem I have with any of this, is that I have a few people on my rep list, that have ''disagreed'' to my reputation point, but in the comment box, been all like thanks, or good advice. So it shows bad rep, even though it wasnt ment to do that.
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:20 PM   #24
Golden Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,091
Default Re: Repuation review

One thing:

GET THE REPUTATION BLOCKS TO ADD UP!
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:08 AM   #25
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,999
Default Re: Repuation review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
The only problem I have with any of this, is that I have a few people on my rep list, that have ''disagreed'' to my reputation point, but in the comment box, been all like thanks, or good advice. So it shows bad rep, even though it wasnt ment to do that.
only rep points where advice is given seem to be shown.

so if you recieve 1 positive rep points and someone says that's great.

but then you recieve 2 negative rep points on the same post, even though the comment says it's great, it still shows as negative because the box in the user CP shows the general reputation of that post,

that is why you can have a postive comment shown, but a negative rep in general.
__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:58 AM   #26
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Question Re: Repuation review

Quote:
Originally Posted by root
only rep points where advice is given seem to be shown.

so if you recieve 1 positive rep points and someone says that's great.

but then you recieve 2 negative rep points on the same post, even though the comment says it's great, it still shows as negative because the box in the user CP shows the general reputation of that post,

that is why you can have a postive comment shown, but a negative rep in general.
What do you think of the non-posters I found in the members list that had rep points?, see my post.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:28 AM   #27
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Repuation review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
What do you think of the non-posters I found in the members list that had rep points?, see my post.
Well David said that u get one rep point for X amount of days. So if the account has been there for like 2 years there would be quite many points.
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:01 AM   #28
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Question Re: Repuation review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
Well David said that u get one rep point for X amount of days. So if the account has been there for like 2 years there would be quite many points.
Ye gods, that means it's the account that accrues the points in this case, take my word for it, there are many members in that list that joined one, two years ago & never posted, there is a column showing how many posts have been made, & as I say, a lot with nil, zero, zilch, yet they have points, how mad is that???, with due respect to David, he needs to overhaul the whole system I believe, the basic idea is very good, but it's well known that prototypes sometimes need adjustments, this one sure does.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:13 AM   #29
Fully Optimized
 
MooseMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,627
Send a message via AIM to MooseMan
Default Re: Repuation review

i don't think it should be 1 block for each rep point, then there would probably be 2 many, maybe like 1 block for every 5 points or something like that
__________________
.::The top folder on the CF F@H team::.
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...&teamnum=42655
MooseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:32 AM   #30
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Repuation review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMan
i don't think it should be 1 block for each rep point, then there would probably be 2 many, maybe like 1 block for every 5 points or something like that
You're on the right lines, MM!, good thinking.
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0