Repuation review

if you click to rate someones post you will see that there is only the optoin to either give good or bad reputation, there is no option t ogive netral rep points.

if the rep on the post is even then you must have recieved a good rep and a bad rep point.

I went to the members list to find someone, while I was there, I idly looked at some members & a lot who had never posted had rep points, like [2] "User will become famous soon enough" & [3] "User has a spectacular aura about", they should have [1] "User is on a distiguished road" also there are members that joined today with points, whereas they should be on [0] "User is an unknown quantity at this point, the list incorporates all 11,000 odd members, I couldn't go through the lot, it would take ages.

All this, is, I suspect, typo errors, or more likely it was carried out by an auto process, it couldn't have been done manually, due to the sheer quantity.

The only problem I have with any of this, is that I have a few people on my rep list, that have ''disagreed'' to my reputation point, but in the comment box, been all like thanks, or good advice. So it shows bad rep, even though it wasnt ment to do that.

ArrizX said:
The only problem I have with any of this, is that I have a few people on my rep list, that have ''disagreed'' to my reputation point, but in the comment box, been all like thanks, or good advice. So it shows bad rep, even though it wasnt ment to do that.
only rep points where advice is given seem to be shown.

so if you recieve 1 positive rep points and someone says that's great.

but then you recieve 2 negative rep points on the same post, even though the comment says it's great, it still shows as negative because the box in the user CP shows the general reputation of that post,

that is why you can have a postive comment shown, but a negative rep in general.

root said:
only rep points where advice is given seem to be shown.

so if you recieve 1 positive rep points and someone says that's great.

but then you recieve 2 negative rep points on the same post, even though the comment says it's great, it still shows as negative because the box in the user CP shows the general reputation of that post,

that is why you can have a postive comment shown, but a negative rep in general.
What do you think of the non-posters I found in the members list that had rep points?, see my post.
confangry.gif

Brookfield said:
What do you think of the non-posters I found in the members list that had rep points?, see my post.
confangry.gif
Well David said that u get one rep point for X amount of days. So if the account has been there for like 2 years there would be quite many points.

mammikoura said:
Well David said that u get one rep point for X amount of days. So if the account has been there for like 2 years there would be quite many points.
Ye gods, that means it's the account that accrues the points in this case, take my word for it, there are many members in that list that joined one, two years ago & never posted, there is a column showing how many posts have been made, & as I say, a lot with nil, zero, zilch, yet they have points, how mad
tease.gif
is that???, with due respect to David, he needs to overhaul the whole system I believe, the basic idea is very good, but it's well known that prototypes sometimes need adjustments, this one sure does.

i don't think it should be 1 block for each rep point, then there would probably be 2 many, maybe like 1 block for every 5 points or something like that :)

MooseMan said:
i don't think it should be 1 block for each rep point, then there would probably be 2 many, maybe like 1 block for every 5 points or something like that :)
You're on the right lines, MM!, good thinking. :D

Back
Top Bottom