Replacing the Why thread

FYI

MooseMan said:
Originally Posted by MooseMan
Hello David,
I have been very active in this work towards a possible solution to having personal avitars, under the guidelines that the moderators approve and load the avitars of the members choosing if appropriate. If you could please take a look at what methods have been mentioned, and try to implament them into CF, that would be great. Please let me know your thoughts.

-MooseMan

P.S Root asked me to ask you to please look in the staff lounge for a topic relating to this as well.

Posted by David Lindon:
Thanks for the thought but there is no way for moderators to apporve the avatars, an admin can only do it

--

so the idea of mods uploading them for us is out. not that it was a hot idea at the moment but it was in the past.

i like alot of the avi's dev is working with. :) maybe add some other brands like some NVidia and ATI (SLi and Crossfire too)

well... (dammit) there goes that idea...

Just a quick thing (before you put too much work into creating these avatars)...

Has David actually said that he will upload any? even if he finds some good?
I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it... but until it is confirmed that the possibility is there don't get too many hopes up.

I guess I'd hate to see this thread full of avatars that people put days and weeks of work into creating that never actually get used.

harsh but true...

i like david but if he is so busy to not be able 2 respond very much then he needs to find some1 2 do the admin role as well as himself.

root said:
Has David actually said that he will upload any?
As far as I know, he hasn't, & weighing up all the pros & cons so far, I don't want to be a damp blanket, but I just can't see it happening mate :(

Well, he sees the thread, he just doesnt want to awnser....Which is even worse, because this will just make it lag on for days, untill he does..

Back
Top Bottom