Rep Scale

Brookfield said:
I have a fair few, as you can can see here, but some members have four times that amount, I would think mods & members, on average get an even quantity, providing they helped enough members of course.

helping members hasn't really been the main source of rep points..

so you get most of your rep points just by being a memeber for so long?

or by having so many posts?

LambOfGod said:
so you get most of your rep points just by being a member for so long,or by having so many posts?
Not really, you can be here for years & have just a few, join a year ago, & have thousands, I've been fortunate, I joined 18 months ago.

LambOfGod said:
so you get most of your rep points just by being a memeber for so long?

or by having so many posts?

I think both of them give you some rep points. But mostly you get rep points by saying something funny in the social lounge or stuff like that. Helping other people does give u some rep points, but I can say for sure that I have helped at least 500 people in here all together, and my total rep points are 66. (+ quite a few grey ones which are from new guys that I've helped) Though I can be proud to say that a huge majority of my rep points are from helping people.

mammikoura said:
I think both of them give you some rep points. But mostly you get rep points by saying something funny in the social lounge or stuff like that. Helping other people does give u some rep points, but I can say for sure that I have helped at least 500 people in here all together, and my total rep points are 66. Though I can be proud to say that a huge majority of my rep points are from helping people.

Yea thats kind of weak how that works.

I always get Gray rep - neutral rep from the noobs for helping.. and it dont really count, so it really dosent do any good for me..

mammikoura said:
helping members hasn't really been the main source of rep points..
With the list of rep levels that David issued I quote; "....a system to compliment each other...."

Apart from you, Mammikoura, that'll upset those who keep saying "huh, stupid to use the system for saying things like that's a nice shirt"

LambOfGod said:
Yea thats kind of weak how that works.

I always get Gray rep - neutral rep from the noobs for helping.. and it dont really count, so it really dosent do any good for me..

yep. But at least you see that they gave you rep (well tried to :D) which means that they appreciate the help.

mammikoura said:
I think both of them give you some rep points. But mostly you get rep points by saying something funny in the social lounge or stuff like that. Helping other people does give u some rep points, but I can say for sure that I have helped at least 500 people in here all together, and my total rep points are 66. (+ quite a few grey ones which are from new guys that I've helped) Though I can be proud to say that a huge majority of my rep points are from helping people.
Helped all those, & only have 66??, never mind, here's one for you.....come on guys, help him out!

Brookfield said:
Helped all those, & only have 66??, never mind, here's one for you.....come on guys, help him out!

I'm not looking for rep points given out of pity. I was just saying, that the system doesn't really work. But thanks anyway. :)

mammikoura said:
I'm not looking for rep points given out of pity. I was just saying, that the system doesn't really work. But thanks anyway. :)
:mad: It wasn't given out of pity, I don't do pity, I did it to to start the ball rolling for you!!!, don't bother guys.

Back
Top Bottom