Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-22-2006, 09:00 AM   #101
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Rep Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
I have a fair few, as you can can see here, but some members have four times that amount, I would think mods & members, on average get an even quantity, providing they helped enough members of course.
helping members hasn't really been the main source of rep points..

Old 11-22-2006, 09:21 AM   #102
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to LambOfGod

so you get most of your rep points just by being a memeber for so long?

or by having so many posts?

LambOfGod- Q6600 g0 @ 3.06 Ghz * DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS * Antec 1200 * Rosewill RP550 PSU * EVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked *WD 74GB Raptor * 2 X Seagate 1TB 7200.11 (RAID 1) * 4 GB DDR2 1022 GSKILL 5-5-5-13 * Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Windows XP 64 Bit
LambOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:04 AM   #103
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambOfGod
so you get most of your rep points just by being a member for so long,or by having so many posts?
Not really, you can be here for years & have just a few, join a year ago, & have thousands, I've been fortunate, I joined 18 months ago.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:07 AM   #104
Golden Master

Quote:
so you get most of your rep points just by being a memeber for so long?

or by having so many posts?
I think both of them give you some rep points. But mostly you get rep points by saying something funny in the social lounge or stuff like that. Helping other people does give u some rep points, but I can say for sure that I have helped at least 500 people in here all together, and my total rep points are 66. (+ quite a few grey ones which are from new guys that I've helped) Though I can be proud to say that a huge majority of my rep points are from helping people.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:12 AM   #105
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to LambOfGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
I think both of them give you some rep points. But mostly you get rep points by saying something funny in the social lounge or stuff like that. Helping other people does give u some rep points, but I can say for sure that I have helped at least 500 people in here all together, and my total rep points are 66. Though I can be proud to say that a huge majority of my rep points are from helping people.
Yea thats kind of weak how that works.

I always get Gray rep - neutral rep from the noobs for helping.. and it dont really count, so it really dosent do any good for me..
LambOfGod- Q6600 g0 @ 3.06 Ghz * DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS * Antec 1200 * Rosewill RP550 PSU * EVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked *WD 74GB Raptor * 2 X Seagate 1TB 7200.11 (RAID 1) * 4 GB DDR2 1022 GSKILL 5-5-5-13 * Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Windows XP 64 Bit
LambOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #106
Golden Master

Quote:
helping members hasn't really been the main source of rep points..
With the list of rep levels that David issued I quote; "....a system to compliment each other...."

Apart from you, Mammikoura, that'll upset those who keep saying "huh, stupid to use the system for saying things like that's a nice shirt"
Old 11-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #107
Golden Master

Quote:
Yea thats kind of weak how that works.

I always get Gray rep - neutral rep from the noobs for helping.. and it dont really count, so it really dosent do any good for me..
yep. But at least you see that they gave you rep (well tried to ) which means that they appreciate the help.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #108
Golden Master

Quote:
I think both of them give you some rep points. But mostly you get rep points by saying something funny in the social lounge or stuff like that. Helping other people does give u some rep points, but I can say for sure that I have helped at least 500 people in here all together, and my total rep points are 66. (+ quite a few grey ones which are from new guys that I've helped) Though I can be proud to say that a huge majority of my rep points are from helping people.
Helped all those, & only have 66??, never mind, here's one for you.....come on guys, help him out!
Old 11-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #109
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Helped all those, & only have 66??, never mind, here's one for you.....come on guys, help him out!
I'm not looking for rep points given out of pity. I was just saying, that the system doesn't really work. But thanks anyway.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #110
Golden Master

Quote:
I'm not looking for rep points given out of pity. I was just saying, that the system doesn't really work. But thanks anyway.
It wasn't given out of pity, I don't do pity, I did it to to start the ball rolling for you!!!, don't bother guys.