Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
root said:
Green bars are for positive...
red bars are for negative.
the blue/grey bars areeither positive or negative. but basically don't count.

in the forum software peoploe get what is known as a rep power, rep power increases over time, and that is what stops you making new accounts to give yourself good reputation. if you get rep (good or bad) from someone without any rep power then the indicator shows up blue/grey to highlight the fact that they had a comment on your post, and wanted to give you rep, but that the person didn't have enough rep power to do it. it saves you thikning that people don't appreciate your help if there was nothing displayed at all.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Trivium Nate said:
I think that everyone should just post their username if they give rep
Do you mean a seperate post?, as I explained once already, although you are unable to see it, the giver's username always appears alongside the rep point.

Brookfield said:
Do you mean a seperate post?, as I explained once already, although you are unable to see it, the giver's username always appears alongside the rep point.

Well then it's not alot of use to us is it, if we are unable to see it.

The whole point of the reputation system is so that the rep givers will remain anonymous. If they gave it to you for a dumb reason, report it in to the proper authorities. Don't go on some dumb witchhunt or bitching session. :rolleyes:

alvino said:
The whole point of the reputation system is so that the rep givers will remain anonymous.
I say again, the name of the givers is automatically shown alongside the points whether your'e a mod or not, in my opinion, members should be able to view this, why don't you PM David on this issue?, also ask him to verify that the sender does indeed appear.

Brookfield said:
I say again, the name of the givers is automatically shown alongside the points whether your'e a mod or not, in my opinion, members should be able to view this, why don't you PM David on this issue?, also ask him to verify that the sender does indeed appear.

and for the 4th time or so I'm going to tell u that the name of the one who gave rep does not appear to normal users. We do not have any way of telling who gave us that rep if they don't choose to include their name in the comment field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom